• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact mk2 with LW polygonal. 25 barrel and new designed shroud

This is unchoked LW polygonal .25 24" barrel.

Shroud has muzzbrake in it and LDC has baffles in it. Do it is very quiet and accurate but heavy.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur 
20201124_200455.1606243284.jpg

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
Why did you do it? FX liners are much better than LW barrels.

I don’t know about that and I’m an FX Fanboy! I have both, my boys and I keep going back and forth trying to decide which is more accurate. They both shoot pellets and slugs great, really great! I certainly would never say one is far superior to the other!

Stoti

I don’t know about that and I’m an FX Fanboy! I have both, my boys and I keep going back and forth trying to decide which is more accurate. They both shoot pellets and slugs great, really great! I certainly would never say one is far superior to the other!

Stoti

I’m with Stoti on that one☝🏼

Reactions: Stone02

there are distinct advantages for both barrels, the liner system is absolutely lighter and just as accurate as any polygon barrel at lower power. But weight is an advantage when power gets turned up and harmonics show its ugly head. 

Personally I would not switch either due to the weight gain but I wouldn’t say one is better than the other especially polygon and FX barrels are basically just two different approaches to the same design. 

The LW polygonal barrels are superb!

Shroud has muzzbrake in it and LDC has baffles in it. Do it is very quiet and accurate but heavy.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

What is the rifle's weight?

The LW polygonal barrels are superb!

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

What is the rifle's weight?

I did not weigh it but I feel that after installing LW solid barrel and extra plenum made of stainless steel, the gun is reasonably heavier.

Umair Bhaur

Which is preferred for slugs, choked or unchoked does either have a major impact on accuracy with the polygon barrel at high power over long distance 150yds does anyone have any direct first hand experience , no guesswork answers please, I can do that for myself.
It's all about the bore diameter. Most of the choked airgun barrels have larger bore and groove diameters that tighten up to size at the choke. The benefit that I have found there is that you can polish the choke down to the appropriate diameter of your ammo.