• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact mk2 pp 25 cal out of box very first shooting

I got this FX Impact couple weeks ago as a new in a box from a dealer pickup, sleeping in the very good looking plastic FX case since.

I had a picture in front of me how I would like to set it up for long range shooting and ordered parts from all over a globe. But realized just recently, do to a "situation" I am no able to collect my parts on time but it is also a shame to have a gun only to sit in the case, let me start tuning it with parts whatever I have in my hands.

Please note, I am in Canada and the outdoors and weather still playing rough games around zero, not cooperating as I would wish, this my hobby is going on further in my unfinished basement).

FX Impact, 25 cal, MK2, PP, 700mm barrel, out of the box factory assembled, I did not do any allenkey tweaking. Only Lazer the centershot for the scope inline.

1585240481_15332620125e7cd9a11e47d9.78215758.jpg

All factory default FX single hole transfer port, pellet probe, orings.

JSB 25 cal, King Heavy pellets, 33.95 grains.

Fill pressure 213 bar, regulator pressure just 3 hairs below 100 (whatever that means at the moment), only thing I replaced the FX gauge to Wika.

1585241163_6505156845e7cdc4ba75547.69620337.JPG

Shot a very first 10 pellet set, only to settle the orings a bit. I feel a bit of kick from the hammer, I will work on it next.

Now about this chronograph....I had many chronographs before for my archery games, I swap them around for years, and I got tired of spending crazy money, stopped with this one. Infrared measuring, a little more attention to setup the hole in front of a barrel (no 4-5 beers please), maybe not as perfect vs x4 times the price but again floats my boat for 3-4 years. And btw, I don't look into numbers to be highest possible, I am targeting the most consistency, and I can recommend to anybody best by for the money.

1585241247_9645678235e7cdc9f80b8c5.90160884.JPG

At this moment I am just settling down the orings, don't care much about numbers or consistency at least for next 2-3 shooting sessions.

WTF happens?

1585241576_2864663445e7cdde8388336.27309262.JPG

1585241598_1474202405e7cddfe73d728.02244608.JPG

This is a 2 mm steel plate, I had to put a hard effort to drill it through for screws to embrace, this was working for me for years with my 22 cal basement winter games.

Now, F* I need to look for something like for a 10 mm steel plate, we live in time of of lockups....no stores open, I need to see if any wreckers working these days if I can find some scrap steel ;(

You folks dragging me deeper and deeper into expense, I would expect you as friend will tell me these things ...;)

And, btw, this thing FX is laud, especially shooting it in a basement. My basement, especially evenings :)

In Canada any sound altering device is heavily prohibited (starting or averaging with 10 years on cold).

Any science out there you can refer me, that allows a grammar to be applied and we can call it ...Attila...but to make this sound wave frequency's convert to anything that doesn't hurt my neighbours (and my wife's) ears?

Just curious...if I could find some parts in my garage for R&D

Edit: gimme some time to collect my parts.

I will not change anything (fill and reg pressure or hammer spring tension) on the gun, only parts and with the same settings, and the next measurement will be comparing to Huma dual transfer port, and a custom made pin style pellet probe.

Let see how the numbers adds up,

but I need first a good postman to make me happy :)

and btw, if I would be couple decades younger, I would prefer to show up in t anga

Grats on your impact. But your speed is pretty low imo for a 700mm barrel. I have the impact in 25 Cal with a 600mm slug liner and I'm pushing the 34 Jsb heavy mk2 at 950 fps. Very accurate. The faster you can push it, the flatter it is. But too fast and accuracy suffer. So you will need to tune and test it for best accuracy.

At this moment I don't GaF for a speed, as I sad this Impact is straight out of bag.

Also, with my non FX 22 I learned....I could push a 960 fps with big fps spread, but I chose a 790 fps with 3 fps min/max instead. All depends who likes what...

In archery I always sad... you shoot fast you miss fast. Not sure how this translates to airguns ;\

I am targeting the most consistency for 100-200-300 and I don't care for the speed ;) Let me get the parts first

Grats on your impact. But your speed is pretty low imo for a 700mm barrel. I have the impact in 25 Cal with a 600mm slug liner and I'm pushing the 34 Jsb heavy mk2 at 950 fps. Very accurate. The faster you can push it, the flatter it is. But too fast and accuracy suffer. So you will need to tune and test it for best accuracy.

At this moment I don't GaF for a speed, as I sad this Impact is straight out of bag.

Also, with my non FX 22 I learned....I could push a 960 fps with big fps spread, but I chose a 790 fps with 3 fps min/max instead. All depends who likes what...

In archery I always sad... you shoot fast you miss fast. Not sure how this translates to airguns ;\

I am targeting the most consistency for 100-200-300 and I don't care for the speed ;) Let me get the parts first

Wow clam your tits down. Do you kiss your mom with that mouth. Lmao. Just trying to offer you some advice. I own and tested my impact for a year and that was what I find to be most accurate is speed from 860-950 for 100-150 yards. Don't like to take other impact owners advice that's your choice. But why getting pms over little things.

Wow clam your tits down. Do you kiss your mom with that mouth. Lmao. Just trying to offer you some advice. I own and tested my impact for a year and that was what I find to be most accurate is speed from 860-950 for 100-150 yards. Don't like to take other impact owners advice that's your choice. But why getting pms over little things.

OK, I know I made a mistake saying the Impact is out of box. I shall say "I did not touch it with an allenkey yet". I think this makes now a difference? I know I can boost it up to 1K and above, my post intention was "out of box". got it ;). Give me couple of weeks and if I decide I can race you on speed. I need a backstop first.

OK, a beer is up for a grab to a first guy who can tell me what that back plate is :)

A little help. Back in couple years ago a smartA up there in municipality decided to make my street a "one way". Nobody in my neighbourhood liked that idea so we put up a "fight". After some 3-4 weeks of heavy resistance "they" gave up, and we all happy back to normal. That 2.2 plate is soo tough you push a whole body weight to drill it through.

I must say I am impressed with this 25 cal Impact.