• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact mk 2

Just received information that fx are training their staff Friday and Monday to up date the fx impact. Ernest Rowe is making a video on tuning the impact, a bit late in the day for that as nobody seems to know exactly how to tune it. Everybody has a different idea on the subject . I can shoot my impact to get 1/2 inch groups with my .25 X barrell but you should be able to get smaller groups than that at 50 yds. I am just wondering if the new guns that fx are pumping out are going to be any more accurate than the ones at the moment . Will have to wait for Ernest's video and hope for the best. Any replies welcome within reason .

Well if I were you I would not get one. Mine has been in for repair on the reg twice now and the gunsmith says I am playing with the reg too much. It was set at 140 shooting jsb .25 heavies. After a day it went up to 180 bar. I tried to take the bottle off and had to take the barrell off and then put the gun between my legs and turned it with all my strength. Re set it to 130bar and it still went up to 155 bar. So I sent it back to him and he said that he would keep it for a bit and see for himself. I am going to sell it if he can repair it. Had enough. Good luck if you get one as fx seem to want to bring new guns out while the paying public have problems .

Looking forward to seeing that Tuning Video as I never really knew what to do with the Valve knob. Don't think I've touched it since I got the Impact.

KP/NC

that knob restrict how much the valve opens, fully open you waist air and you get less accuracy (accurate anyway) ... when you close there is a point where the fps start to slow down, about 5 to 10 fps less than fully open is the optimal. You can restrict even more if you like. Chrony is a must

Well if I were you I would not get one. Mine has been in for repair on the reg twice now and the gunsmith says I am playing with the reg too much. It was set at 140 shooting jsb .25 heavies. After a day it went up to 180 bar. I tried to take the bottle off and had to take the barrell off and then put the gun between my legs and turned it with all my strength. Re set it to 130bar and it still went up to 155 bar. So I sent it back to him and he said that he would keep it for a bit and see for himself. I am going to sell it if he can repair it. Had enough. Good luck if you get one as fx seem to want to bring new guns out while the paying public have problems .

Sorry to read that, but is known that over 150-160 bar is a big NO on the old impact regulators even in impact X (actually is in the manual), you need a high pressure Huma reg for that, or tinker the belleville washers or get the new Mk2, and even with the mk2 and the AMP reg, the recommendation is not going over 170 bar

1554309767_5106873005ca4e287d93033.32356465_impact.jpg

https://fxairguns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Fx_impact_manual_ok.pdf

Hi, yes I know it says going over 150 is bad , but I haven't fire it when it went up , I degassed it properly. My gun is serial number fx 178823 and I don't know paying about a hundred pounds weather that would work or not.is the huma reg stronger than the fx one.

The Huma reg will fix your creep problem. Mine is setup for high pressure but I can set 100 bar minimum to use my .22 barrel and turn it up to 170 bar for a little over 100 fpe with the .30 barrel.

Do your own work keep your gun at home... it's all simple.

For my gun which is a gen 1 reg it says the huma reg is high at 80-150 and extra high at 145-190 . Which one would you get for my impact.

It depend on what do you want to shoot at (distance, wind, etc), in theory hi is for heavy cals or slugs (for example pushing a 30gn 022 slug @950 fps or a 0.30 cal 51gn @ 950fps), normal is for light to mid weight pellets (not the monsters 0.22, or mk2 0.25, or 51gn on 0.30 over 900fps), if the Humma high works on a 100 bar, then that is the one I would choose (And I will probably get one too just to test hi reg pressures)