• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact M3 BSA barrel .22 18grain jsb 24 yards 30 shots group

Not very special as far as distance is concerned as it is only 24 yards.

But as it is 30 shots group, I thought like I should share it. The group was not getting bigger after 25 shots.

BSA hammer forged barrel .22
Pellets jsb 18 grain washed and lubed
Fps 935
Barrel length 600mm
1st regulator 165 bar
2nd reg 105 bars

20230624_180411.jpg
20230624_180330.jpg
20230624_180310.jpg

Here I want to declare one fact.

I am in fact not a good shooter. I know that whenever I shoot a 5 shot group and its going good upto 4 shots my 5th shot goes away due to nervousness or whatever.

In this case the actual scenario was a bit different that I want to share.

Whenever I adjust the trigger of any of my guns, I arrange a proper benchrest scenario and then actually shoot the gun at a target. This gives me actual feel of the trigger in actual scenario.

In this particular case, I was in fact adjusting the trigger and I was not conscious about the group at all.

All my attention was on trigger feel and then its adjustments.

Till I could attain my required feel of trigger I had shot 30 pellets.

I was also amazed that in this scenario when I was least concerned about the group, as I was not nervous for the group, the group became amazing for me.

I can't replicate it if I want to shoot such a group with intention of achieving such group.

I feel this thing is necessary to mention here for all the shooters that how our shooting is affected if we get tense.

I think now the readers of the thread can enjoy more of it being a unique situation in which this group is shot group.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

Last edited:
Reactions: rhbrink
Here I want to declare one fact.

I am in fact not a good shooter. I know that whenever I shoot a 5 shot group and its going good upto 4 shots my 5th shot goes away due to nervousness or whatever.

In this case the actual scenario was a bit different that I want to share.

Whenever I adjust the trigger of any of my guns, I arrange a proper benchrest scenario and then actually shoot the gun at a target. This gives me actual feel of the trigger in actual scenario.

In this particular case, I was in fact adjusting the trigger and I was not conscious about the group at all.

All my attention was on trigger feel and then its adjustments.

Till I could attain my required feel of trigger I had shot 30 pellets.

I was also amazed that in this scenario when I was least concerned about the group, as I was not nervous for the group, the group became amazing for me.

I can't replicate it if I want to shoot such a group with intention of achieving such group.

I feel this thing is necessary to mention here for all the shooters that how our shooting is affected if we get tense.

I think now the readers of the thread can enjoy more of it being a unique situation in which this group is shot group.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur
I had a friend at RMAC say “the brain and body are incredibly capable, but then we get in the way”, seems like your experience illustrates that well.

Reactions: mubhaur