• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

FX Impact leaking - lost 100 BAR in 8 hours (FIXED)

My Impact is leaking air. It went from 200 BAR to 100 BAR overnight in room temperature. Air bottle is on tight with rifle and is was just seating assembled for a long period of time (over night). It might had been doing this since I received it. I have been putting the rifle back in to its case when I finish staring at it cause I am still waiting for the scope to arrive. Have not even put a pellet through the barrel yet. 

You definitely have a leak, unless your Impact was subjected to an extreme temperature difference between filling and observing overnight.

Yes, pressure will change with temperature, but it follows the ideal gas law. Two equations of this law can be simplified to this following expression since you have an essentially non changing volume in your cylinder: 
P(1) / T(1) = P(2) / T(2) 

Where P(1) is the first absolute pressure, T(1) is the first absolute temperature. Likewise the (2) represents the second state. 

Since atmospheric pressure is about 1 BAR, you can just use your gauge pressure since it is close enough. The temperature, of the two states must be converted into either kelvin or ranking.

Just as a quick example of going from about 100 degrees F down to about 40 degrees F will change a 200 BAR pressure to 178 BAR. 

That is nowhere near a 100 BAR decrease. 

FX or AoA need to follow up on your Impact and get the leak fixed.

"Michael"Have you tried taking the bottle on/off? Have you tried dry firing it once, maybe everything needs to get seated properly once you put it together? Also, check to make sure there is no dirt/debris where the bottle connects to the breech.

Try some of these basic things and check back in the morning.

I will try cleaning both the bottle and the breech and give it another night.

update for the Impact air leak...
put $500 deposit on Impact on 3/2/15
got the call that the Impact is in on 11/17/15 :)
received the Impact .22 with .25 and .30 barrels in my hands on 11/27/15 :) :)
shipped out Impact to AoA on 12/7/15
Impact arrived to AoA on 12/9/15
Call today 12/15/15 to get an update and was told that my Impact will be going to the tech to be looked at TODAY.
Got a call from back AoA 3 hours later that they can't find any leak... but will let it seat overnight and check again. :(

My first FX Airguns is NOT doing too well here.
FX Please help

New update on leaking Fx Impact
AoA "repair" the air leak and shipped out the gun with 250 bar on 12/22/15
received the gun from UPS on 12/29/15 and open the box and the gun was at around 100 bar again. Leaked from 250 bar to 100 bar in 7 days in transit. Fill the gun back to 250 bar and the next morning was at 220 bar. Still leaking...

FX I think I have a lemon Impact 😡😡😡

Please help

DAQ ( as in the DAQ .458) leak tests for two weeks which is great on new rifles, some folks who've had there for years then got a leak don't like the extra wait but it DOES make certain if there is a leak or not.
Depending on design, Helium is MUCH better for leak checks due to the smaller molecule.
If they let it sit a week before looking at it for one day, that seems a bit backwards, sent in for a leak under warranty, fill that puppy bup day one, just takes a moment, then let it sit until a tech has time to inspect??????

Good luck,

John 

Newbie here: 
My FX wildcat just started doing the same thing. I attributed the first time to sitting in my sneaky bag in the truck and the temps dropped. I brought it inside last night and refilled. I took a picture of gauge to make sure of drop and this morning it went from 230 bar down to 200 bar. I have had this gun for 3 weeks with no issues and shooting great! 

Also received my Impact on Thursday, didn't read instructions first and messed up the power wheel adjuster spring before ever putting gun together 😩 On its way back to AOA right now.. 

My daystate regal XL bee in closet for 1 week with no air loss!! 

Well now Jack, it's about damn time. ;-) You have had to wait long enough to get that baby back in hand Replacing those seals doesn't look like it will be too painful out in the future if and when that needs to be done and your warranty has lapsed.

Courtesy of The Bullpup tuner Ernest Rowe. 

Disassembly part 1 

valve stem: https://youtu.be/hu8zQvq-Wr8

Action reg tube: https://youtu.be/8t8CrkXnRRs

pressure test new orings: https://youtu.be/fArRxnqgKtU

Final reassembly and testing: https://youtu.be/OjzokZHtM3U

Check out some of his tuning tips as well. 

https://youtu.be/TedxFHkB4Sk

And this: 

"Here's a detail in how the valve stem adjuster knob works for fine tuning;
At current 150b regulated pressure on the guage and power adjuster wheel on Max and VS knob at 11.00mm out from the shoulder she max out at 860fps with 45g.

The white line marker on the VS knob are just a reference line to me, if you go over 11mm caliper reading you will be wasting air in term you are loosing shot count, because your speed will no longer increase and your letting the VS open longer.

I made a spacer at 11mm so I can set it at max position on the wheel at 860fps, I don't need all that power and want it to max out at 800fps so I made another spacer at 10.52mm and turned the knob in till it stop on the spacer, now if some reason I want to go back to 860fps I use the 11mm spacer.

With the spacer I don't need a crony, using the line isn't accurate enough---you could be off more the 1/2 turns using the line markers.

I'm sure you can get great results using the line marker, I'm just using a technic that's more accurate.

If your gun is shooting vary accurately at a set speed and weight of pellet you can adjust the VS to the power wheel marker---let so #5----now you know # 5 is 823fps !"

He's consolidating his tips here. 
http://sniperlabyo-precision-airguns.com/

Rock 

Glad to hear its finally ready to go. I have watched mr Rowes videos aswell and allready ordered some spare orings mentioned in the video even if i dont have recieved mine yet (hope feb). Dont look that hard to replace them, and im not going to ship the gun around the world for an oring change, void warranty or not.
If the gauges are off ill look into some wikas.
Report back how it shoots. Have fun.

Hello...
Even a bad adventure with the fx impact, ca shivers down my back.I'm really curious about the way they make their donations quality control ... its started doing too many problems with this model .... I'm usually very tolerant with the new product that hits the market, but ... I think they will shoot themselves in the foot ... anyone know the number of guns created a week?I wish they communicate with us .... just amazing. (I'm a fan of their products, but I'm starting to have less confidence for my next purchase ...) I'm just worried for the future of this brand that I love ...but like most people ...

Jack, 

Thanks Jack and sorry for not getting back sooner. I’ve been out of town and busy with a few projects.

I'm not sure what Ernest uses for his VS spacer material but I'm sure he'd be glad to answer. I'm guessing that which is pictured might be Delrin since that is what he uses to make his .30 Cal single shot tray for the Impact. I just used a "T" shaped hard piece of plastic for a spacer cut to size. 

How's that new baby grouping now? 

Rock 

I might be able to give some helpful tips on the impact leaking try filling the gun all the way up to its Max feel pressure then remove the bottle and see if it holds pressure on the regulator if it does not then there's probably something wrong in there I know on my 25 caliber Crown if I remove the bottle it does not leak down unless I dry fire it this is my method for checking leaks on my crown I'll let my crown set for a couple of days with the bottle off and if it's still showing 149 bar then I know it has no internal leaks that means the bottle leaks because it's before the regulator if that makes sense