• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact Issues (Resolved)

Let me preface by saying that I LOVE my new FX Impact!!! I have the 30 and am achieving incredible accuracy. Sighted my Hawke scope in at 50 yards…after about 5 shots they were all going through the same quarter sized hole. Worked my way out to 80 yards to calculate drop and achieving similar results. Awesome piece!!!Now my issues, which I believe could be minor and hopefully have a simple fix…but they are problematic. I would appreciate hearing from anyone else having similar issues, and/or suggestions for solution.

1) When I first received my Impact, there was a slow leak that occurred when I screwed in the tank. I have read about this in other threads, and I believe it has been resolved by pressuring up the tank.

2) Unlike other posts, my gun does NOT appear to lose pressure once assembled. However, when I re-assemble the gun after letting sit for a few days there is a tremendous rush of air that comes out around the trigger. Drains a tank from 220 bar to 100 in a few seconds. Only way to stop it is to connect the fill tank and try to keep ahead of the leak to get the pressure up. NOTE that the tank was at 220 bar when I attached it to the gun. this has happened every time I disassemble the gun. Very annoying.

3) At least 2 times in every 14 round magazine, the gun mis-cocks. that is…it chambers a pellet, but does not set the regulator. the first few times I didn’t realize what was happening, and I tried to re-cock. this lead to 2 or 3 pellets in the barrel that needed to be removed with a cleaning rod. Once I realize what was happening, I was very diligent about completely cocking the gun. Even with my diligence, it appears that the cocking lever will “kick back” every 5 or 6 shots…load a pellet without charging the regulator…requiring a disassembly of the barrel for pellet extraction. Again…very annoying.

Anybody else having similar issues? Any suggestions?

OK...per their suggestion...I sent my .30 cal FX Impact back to AOA for some "tweaking." Got it back last week and shot 2 tins of pellets on Saturday. Happy to report that - for the moment - all issues have been satisfactorily resolved!!! And man does this thing shoot!!! I was consistently getting 1 inch groups at 50 yards. I got so excited that I neglected to pay attention to the air. One group started throwing fliers ( 2" at 50 yards)...until I realized I was shooting at 100 bar!!! (oops). Quick refill, and back to pumping through the same hole. I'm so happy with the results I just ordered a .22 barrel! If reliability holds up, I am going to love this PCP!!!