• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact help please

Hello,

I was hunting yesterday when I started having trigger problems, safety problems and loading pellet problems. 

Trigger/safety problems: I would cock the rifle with safety on, get the target in my sights, click the safety off and the rifle would shoot by itself. I have not played with the trigger at all.

Cocking/loading pellets: Sometimes, I will attempt to cock the rifle, and it would kickback to half cocked. I would then attempt to full cock it and the same thing will happen along will overloading the barrel with pellets. I would have to take the barrel out and attempt to remove the pellets.

these are pretty concerning issues especially the rifle shooting when the safety is switched off. Can someone please let me know what is happening?

thank you

My guess would be that something needs adjusting in the trigger. The kickback could be caused by it thinking that the trigger was depressed even though you didn't have your finger on the trigger. I had a similar thing happen with the safety as well when adjusting my trigger. All of my issues were caused by making the trigger too light.

Try adjusting the 2nd stage to be heavier and then loosening the screw closest to the regulator a little bit. 

As always though before adjusting the trigger any, record all movements you make so you have a reference as to where you started at.

Hey Willyh!
I had a different issue with my impact but i think its has a similar cause. My rifle would leak with each shot from the pellet probe. turned our the rod connecting the pellet probe to the cocking block had unscrewed itself. For a month i thought it was a leaking o-ring, looked up all possible forums for reasons this would happen and finally identified the problem myself. 
After tightening the rod (had to take off the cheek piece, the scope mount and the aluminium plate) and putting it back together, it shot well untill it started doing just what you described here.. it needed an extra nudge to cock and once even misfired when i took it off safe.. Luckily it was pointing in a safe direction... PHEW...
I will be locktighting that rod into the block above the pellet probe to ensure this doesn't happen again.. 
I'd suggest you have a look at the position of your pellet probe screw when the breech is closed.. If the set screw is visible, maybe thats the problem... 
Hope this helps..
Though if its still in warranty, and its possible, just get AOA to have a look at it...

Regards,
Phi..

"willyh"Hello,

I was hunting yesterday when I started having trigger problems, safety problems and loading pellet problems. 

Trigger/safety problems: I would cock the rifle with safety on, get the target in my sights, click the safety off and the rifle would shoot by itself. I have not played with the trigger at all.

Cocking/loading pellets: Sometimes, I will attempt to cock the rifle, and it would kickback to half cocked. I would then attempt to full cock it and the same thing will happen along will overloading the barrel with pellets. I would have to take the barrel out and attempt to remove the pellets.

these are pretty concerning issues especially the rifle shooting when the safety is switched off. Can someone please let me know what is happening?

thank you
I'm having the same issues on my new Impact that I purchased in April. It went back to AoA today.