• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact ftlbs problem

fe241a37a67dc8dd5baaf6a72d7f7c2c.jpg

I've stripped the rifle down to this point. There is obviously something wrong but it can only be in this section of the rifle. Can anybody tell me how many washers should be behind the regulator? I have 11 in total at the moment of 0.3 and 0.4. 

This might help. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Ph4Q8M-S89dkNXSFI2VG8xYTA/view?usp=sharing
Video has details of reg washers and is in my opinion a must see before you take out the regulator
Also check out Ernst Rowe's videos. 
They are very helpful

The threaded piece on the end of the valve rod under the valve adjuster can unscrew sometimes. This will stop the valve opening properly and can effect power. It can apparently unscrew the valve end as well though I haven't experienced that. 
If you are able to increase your reg pressure then it sounds like regulator/reg pressure isn't your issue. 
Michael 

I'm not a regulator expert, and have never fiddled with one, but I thought that if the regulator pressure is increased, the Hammer Tension often also has to be increased, to overcome the higher pressure on the valve.

Sounds about right to (non expert) me, to max out at 27fpe at a reg pressure of 80. I would expect you to get higher fpe with regulator nearer 100 and the HST wound in.

However, I'm sure there are threads here where more precise figures and instructions are given.

Try to play around with the HST adjuster. Too much hst, and your speed will drop.
B.t.w, a misaligned pellet probe can't be the cause of this problem, this is purely a air flow problem. Even when it is misaligned or restricted, more air will pass through it at a higher pressure.
Like MarkUK said, when you increase reg. pressure, you also need to increase HST to knock the valve open.
If I were you, I'd put back the gun to .22 default settings as mentioned in the Impact trouble shooting guide (See Michaels' link) and start from there :)
Don't forget to check the hst sliding block pre tension. Too much is no good for a .22.
(Your whole issue points towards the sliding block set screw coming loose, decreasing the hst. This, i.c.w. the higher reg. pressure can result in a fps loss)

Good luck, Gijs