• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact air leak

Hey guys,

I'm new here and to air gunning. I have read quite a few threads here and need a bit of help please.

I just got my 25 cal fx impact in the mail today, and was super excited. I noticed right away that the pressure was 100 bar for both the reservoir and regulator. The dealer said he filled it to 250 bar before shipping it.

I got a mk4 hill pump as well, so I tried filling it for about 10 minutes. Couldn't get past 125 bar. There was this loud hissing noise coming from the small hole right to the left of the safety switch.

Does anyone one have any ideas why the air is leaking from this hole and how to stop it? I have tried removing the air bottle and dry firing the rifle when it was 125 bar. No dice.

Thank you.

Willy.
3ed397847c9b91bf5aaa481d586a66f2.jpg

Since you are new to airguns the chances of you trying to fix this complex airgun yourself may lead to further damage and/or void your warranty. I suggest calling the retailer tomorrow. They should be willing to cover the shipping & repairs. 

Best advice is to accept that you'll have to wait another week or so until you get to shoot it. Sorry about the misfortune. Been there, felt like that.

"willyh"Hey guys,

I'm new here and to air gunning. I have read quite a few threads here and need a bit of help please.

I just got my 25 cal fx impact in the mail today, and was super excited. I noticed right away that the pressure was 100 bar for both the reservoir and regulator. The dealer said he filled it to 250 bar before shipping it.

I got a mk4 hill pump as well, so I tried filling it for about 10 minutes. Couldn't get past 125 bar. There was this loud hissing noise coming from the small hole right to the left of the safety switch.

Does anyone one have any ideas why the air is leaking from this hole and how to stop it? I have tried removing the air bottle and dry firing the rifle when it was 125 bar. No dice.

Thank you.

Willy.
3ed397847c9b91bf5aaa481d586a66f2.jpg
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Ph4Q8M-S89dkNXSFI2VG8xYTA/view

Thanks for the document.

I called the retailer, and he is shipping me a new gun and I will return the damaged one in the same box that the new one comes in. No charge to me. Should be here next Friday. Super excited.

Question: I want to purchase top durability o-rings that I would need for a repair from the "orings and more" website for down the road when the warranty runs out. Is there a complete list with sizes that I can search the site for and order them?

Also, what would be the best lube to use to prevent the o rings from tearing when the gun is reassembled?

Thanks again!

"willyh"Thanks for the document.

I called the retailer, and he is shipping me a new gun and I will return the damaged one in the same box that the new one comes in. No charge to me. Should be here next Friday. Super excited.

Question: I want to purchase top durability o-rings that I would need for a repair from the "orings and more" website for down the road when the warranty runs out. Is there a complete list with sizes that I can search the site for and order them?

Also, what would be the best lube to use to prevent the o rings from tearing when the gun is reassembled?

Thanks again!

Can I ask which retailer? Shipping the replacement before they get back the defective one is good service!

Thanks gixxer ! I will make an order ! Viton should be better yes but this size is not really common unfortunately :S
My actual problem is when i tight too much the grub screw, i have some leak around as you can see on the picture
The only way to fix it in my case is to not tight very much this grub screw but the pellet probe is not fixed it move a little

dfd6dd1109c8f7c2380dbab2836819c1.jpg

"Astroxyn"Thanks gixxer ! I will make an order ! Viton should be better yes but this size is not really common unfortunately :S
My actual problem is when i tight too much the grub screw, i have some leak around as you can see on the picture
The only way to fix it in my case is to not tight very much this grub screw but the pellet probe is not fixed it move a little because grub screw is 3mm & hole on pellet probe is probably
Nothing to do with your so called grug screw..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Ph4Q8M-S89dkNXSFI2VG8xYTA/view

fdea83aac41918ebddc03c1f90dcd6cc.jpg
willyhThanks for the document.

Thanks again!

7c01a8b5ee522dd234b30f25da335125.jpg
GQ
fdea83aac41918ebddc03c1f90dcd6cc.jpg
willyhThanks for the document.

Thanks again!