• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact - Accuracy trumps Minor Issues

After replacing one of my regulator O-Rings which was defective out of the box, I installed a Vortex 2-7x32 Scope with BDC Reticle and Leupold 'Rifleman' high Rings. A few shots to zero and I can get a bullseye then place two or three follow-up shots into the same ragged hole from a benchrest. Now that's crazy accurate! Regulator is set at 148 bar (tip of gauge pointer just touching left side of 150 line) and I never charge over 200 bar. Very nice target rifle but would probably make awesome critter headshots as well. I'm running my .30 barrel, haven't tried the .25 barrel I have yet.

"Ziabeam"Congratulations on the accuracy results. That is great news !!

Regarding your 148 bar setting...
My Impact's owner's manual had a decal/sticker affixed where the "max" reg pressure once read/stated 150 bar, amended to read 143 bar.

You may be OK since many Impact owners report their gauges read higher than actual pressure.
I had to remove the regulator to replace a bad o-ring so I made sure to make note of the location of the gauge pointer from the factory and simply set it back to the same position when adjusting the regulator after replacing. Must be the right spot considering the accuracy results.

"gkelley"After replacing one of my regulator O-Rings which was defective out of the box, I installed a Vortex 2-7x32 Scope with BDC Reticle and Leupold 'Rifleman' high Rings. A few shots to zero and I can get a bullseye then place two or three follow-up shots into the same ragged hole from a benchrest. Now that's crazy accurate! Regulator is set at 148 bar (tip of gauge pointer just touching left side of 150 line) and I never charge over 200 bar. Very nice target rifle but would probably make awesome critter headshots as well. I'm running my .30 barrel, haven't tried the .25 barrel I have yet.
At what range are you shooting this?