• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact .25 "New purchase"

So I have been watching the FX impact since it has come out and almost bought one right out of the gate. But I ended up going with a flex .30 and I'm sure glad I did. But I have always watched things with the impact and I love the design. Anyways I finally purchased one through aoa and I'm set to get it in January and very much looking forward to it. I am curious if FX has fixed some of the issues they have had with them? I'm confident the air rifle will be what I exspect it do be, but is there anything I should be prepared to tweak a little bit? Also does the .25 come with a fixed shroud? I'm hoping it does! I don't mind modifying or fixing air rifles because I enjoy it because you really get to know the air rifle that way. Anyways just waiting and looking forward to getting my impact and want to be prepared if I need to be for some modifications if any.

"YamahaR1"I am curious if FX has fixed some of the issues they have had with them?
I'm confident the air rifle will be what I exspect it do be, but is there anything I should be prepared to tweak a little bit?
Also does the .25 come with a fixed shroud? I'm hoping it does!
I haven't heard anything recently about people having issues with their impact out of the box, so it looks like you'll be fine there. You'll probably want to tune to gun yourself to make sure it's in harmony. There are plenty of videos that cover how to adjust everything. The .25 and .30 impacts come with the fixed moderator. If it's still loud to you, check out DonnyFL.

I’m not sure what kind of experience you will have with yours but I can give you a little insight on what I have had to deal with so far on mine.

The first thing out of the gate to mention is the .25 Impacts are tuned from the factory to shoot the JSB 25.39 grain pellets. Therefore, I am in the process of tuning mine to shoot the heavier 33.95 grain. So far I have tried the MKI and MKII and found that the MKII seem to load a little more smoothly than the MKIs. I am still trying to work out the best reg pressure-hammer spring tension and valve spring tension to get the best accuracy and shot count out of the rifle but the weather where I live has put a hold on such activities for shooting outside. I’m gonna have to wait for warmer weather to continue this process. I have purchased one of the ED Gun electronic gauges to aid in this process which should help me save a ton of pellets and some guess work with the tuning. It might be something to look into.

The second thing I noticed was my barrel lock down screw has a tendency to want to back out over time so I am constantly checking that to make sure it is snug before shooting. I might need to try the modification that Ernest has shown on his you tube channel regarding this issue.

The third thing I have come across is the pellet probe grub screw being loose causing the pellet probe to bobble around a little bit. I ended up removing the screw and slapped on some blue lock-tite to keep that in place and have not had an issue since.

The fourth thing was the magazine that comes with the rifle. I had to “tune” mine a bit because the spring tension was preventing the pellets from advancing in the mag properly. Since I tweeked the mag it functions like it was meant to. I also ended up purchasing 2 of the side-shot 26 round mags and have not had a single issue with these except for blowing through a whole tin of 300 pellets before I realized it 😳

And last but not least I would highly recommend getting a different pistol grip, one that provides some material where the webbing between your thumb and index finger meet because I found after hunting with the rifle the machined grooves in that area have a tendancy to remove skin from that part of your hand, kinda like sandpaper. 

That is all I can think of for now. Good luck with your new purchase!

778ba9aee6c8f6af4855352febc2d12c.jpg
Mine has more then 1 year old , I had some issues with the pellet probe misalignment. Then sent it to Ernest Rowe for a full tune, I love it, now I'm waiting for a electronic gauge from edgun west. I think with the new gauge it's going to be easier to play with the settings.. congrats on you new toy..

I have the .25 shooting at MK2.
Reg 120
PW 4
VS 2.8
I also recommend getting a wika gauge for the regulator.
Get an extra valve seat from Ernest and a C3 bumper.

Overall it's a great rifle I usually shoot prairie dogs, starlings, doves and I even got my self a Coyote some months ago.

Serch in the forum, tons of info.

First get all the o rings, some day it will have a leak and believe me it's way easier to fix when you have all the o rings.

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-impact-schematic-and-list-of-Bumper.

I've tried to contact Ernest Rowe to get a valve seat and c3 bumper but I've had no luck getting in contact with him. Tried him here on the forum and his email, so I'm not to sure if he is on vacation or isn't taking any orders. Would love to get the valve seat and c3 bumper off of him or anyone who wants to get rid of there's. Anyways looking forward to getting the impact, I just recently got a standard hugget moderator. Which I plan to put on the impact and now I just need the adapter from the shroud to the moderator. Thanks for the info fellas I appreciate it

"spysir"Are you trying Ernest at fxusa ( whatever) in NC?
As everything FX , as far as the U.S. , is changing and Ernest is the wrench now for FX in the US just might be worth waiting untill you hear he is settled in, then order?
John
I have sent him many private messages and I haven't got a response, guess he is really busy whit his new job. I know that he will answer some day, he is a nice guy...

"YamahaR1"So I have been watching the FX impact since it has come out and almost bought one right out of the gate. But I ended up going with a flex .30 and I'm sure glad I did. But I have always watched things with the impact and I love the design. Anyways I finally purchased one through aoa and I'm set to get it in January and very much looking forward to it. I am curious if FX has fixed some of the issues they have had with them? I'm confident the air rifle will be what I exspect it do be, but is there anything I should be prepared to tweak a little bit? Also does the .25 come with a fixed shroud? I'm hoping it does! I don't mind modifying or fixing air rifles because I enjoy it because you really get to know the air rifle that way. Anyways just waiting and looking forward to getting my impact and want to be prepared if I need to be for some modifications if any.
What caliber is the flex you have? I'm trying to decide between a flex or impact.

"YamahaR1"So I have been watching the FX impact since it has come out and almost bought one right out of the gate. But I ended up going with a flex .30 and I'm sure glad I did. But I have always watched things with the impact and I love the design. Anyways I finally purchased one through aoa and I'm set to get it in January and very much looking forward to it. I am curious if FX has fixed some of the issues they have had with them? I'm confident the air rifle will be what I exspect it do be, but is there anything I should be prepared to tweak a little bit? Also does the .25 come with a fixed shroud? I'm hoping it does! I don't mind modifying or fixing air rifles because I enjoy it because you really get to know the air rifle that way. Anyways just waiting and looking forward to getting my impact and want to be prepared if I need to be for some modifications if any.
I'll be following this. I'm dying to order the impact myself. But I'm holding out to see if they will offer the new "X" barrel in the Impact. 
The minute they ay it will be equiped I'm placing my order!
Good luck with your Impact!