• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Fat Finger Foster Fitting Fix.

Today I learnt that no matter how much I swear,or how I hold my tongue, removing the Foster fitting from some FX rifles is annoying.The relief in the stock of the Royale 500 synthetic is tight and fiddly.I do not have big,fat fingers,but even my 14 year old son was having trouble.
Version 1.Crude I know, but I think I can improve on the idea after a few beers.

Does anyone make the Fitting with a longer collar? This is one supplied on the FX pump.

I know attacking the stock would probably be the easiest thing,but I would probably butcher it.I thought about extending the male fitting in the stock down,but then it would be exposed. I came up with some other ideas after some beers, put a length of heat shrink sleeve over the collar( as long as I don't shrink it past the collar). Or get on a lathe and turn up a longer collar or a sleeve that can fit over. I'll keep trying till I can take it off without cursing.

I'm not at all certain of the depth measurement for any give FX stock with this issue but it seems a GREAT ( at least unless/until FX comes up with a fix and sends free retro fit parts) hobby/home ( home with a shop don't you know) business making "foster" fitting that are long enough to use with protruding too far out the bottom. 

John

John,I'm Sure there is someone out there that has the tooling(as minimum a lathe and some tube or bar stock) that could do it if there was demand from softies like me.
30cal,extending the male fitting on the gun is not my preference even though it was my first thought.It would leave it exposed to possibly damage and resting the gun would be an issue.
It's a near new gun,so trimming out the fillport area is not on the agenda at least until warranty expires.
Whoever designed this stock and field tested it must have fingers like toothpicks.

Heres what i done

Video of use

View"]http://tinypic.com/m/j6hbpl/3]View My Video[/URL]

2emebk8.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Reactions: kimohoganesq