• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx dreamline…..the underappreciated FX offering

I’ve had many FX rifles in my short time in this hobby, and currently still own 3.
Out of all of them, I enjoy my dreamtac compact the most. The funny part is, I always thought it was an ugly little gun, and had no desire to own one. Then a friend of mine let me try his at the range one day, and after that, I HAD to have one!! It was smooth, light, fun to shoot, and above all, ACCURATE!!
I purchased a .22 of my own used here on the forums for the cost of a mid level pcp, and I’ve done absolutely nothing to it. I haven’t added accessories, I haven’t tuned it, I haven’t even cleaned the barrel. I got it, I loaded up a mag of cphp, and I zeroed in the scope for 35yds. I set it at min on the hammer, and 177/22 on the transfer port, and shot them at 700fps. It’s mouse fart quiet, and super accurate, not to mention DEADLY on squirrels and chippers.

I have to say, of all my rifles present and past, I haven’t had as much fun as I have with this rifle. For some stupid reason, I tried to trade it not too long ago for a atomic or ranger. I always have the grass is greener disease in the hobby, and I almost lost a good thing. I broke it out again today to shoot it, and realized why I love it so much. I cranked it to max, and had it shooting the same cphp at 880fps and without changing the scope zero, it’s zeroed in at 50yds at max. So I have a high power and low power rifle at arms length that I have recorded both zeroes, added profiles to strelok, and honest, I could sell everything else I own, and be content.

Anyway, moral of the story, try out guns before spending your har earned money. You might be surprised to find a gun that fits you perfectly, but you would never dreamed of buying without trying first.

Also thanks to my good friends on here that steer me in the right direction frequently when I become lost!

FX would be the superior Air gun, if they didn't have such a design flaw with their barrels, it only cost me about $6k to find out if you want high power and accuracy, either toss away the fx barrel, or spend extra for a tortion kit, if you are seeking just accuracy, the smooth twist will just about out group anything else on the market.

Reactions: douger
I'm with you, I really like the dreamline series. I had a Dreamline Lite, which was a great squirrel hunter, but way too light on the back end for bench shooting. I am really looking to buy either a Dreamline again or another Crown right now. They are great guns, and do often get overlooked.
can you do two stocks ? 1 for hunt and 1 for bench ?

I'm with you, I really like the dreamline series. I had a Dreamline Lite, which was a great squirrel hunter, but way too light on the back end for bench shooting. I am really looking to buy either a Dreamline again or another Crown right now. They are great guns, and do often get overlooked.
I agree, I tried a friends Dreamline Lite and liked it so much that I had to have one. As luck would have it I looked in the classifieds here and @jasmlowe had one for sale in .25... so I bought it. Couldn't be happier! The gun is super accurate, shoots both 25.4's and 33.9's very well out to 100 yds. and probably further. Super nice platform and I highly recommend it! And no, Jason, you can't buy it back... it is not for sale! Chip.

I agree, I tried a friends Dreamline Lite and liked it so much that I had to have one. As luck would have it I looked in the classifieds here and @jasmlowe had one for sale in .25... so I bought it. Couldn't be happier! The gun is super accurate, shoots both 25.4's and 33.9's very well out to 100 yds. and probably further. Super nice platform and I highly recommend it! And no, Jason, you can't buy it back... it is not for sale! Chip.
I do miss that one, especially during squirrel season. That was the most intuitive off-hand shooter I think I have ever had. Glad you like it.

@madeintheuk, its great that you rediscovered what attracted you to the Dreamline Tac. Light, handy, accurate and good power? Sounds good to me. Good post.
I see so many of your posts on the atomic, and I was close to unloading my dreamline to get one. I still may own one down the line, but I won’t be sacrificing my dreamline to do it.

I concur...

4.jpg