• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Dreamline Hammer Spring

Greetings:

After tuning my FX Dreamline tac I was very happy with the results. But I wanted to drop the fps a bit more and noticed something odd regarding the hammer spring adjustment when I was attempting to retune the rifle.

I noticed that my fps increased the further I turned the dial to the Min position and decreased when turned towards the Max position. Judging from the sound and chrony, the max setting seems to be somewhere in the middle??????

So here I sit, at a loss again. I searched the boards and net with very little info on this particular issue. I removed the wheel to inspect the cam and it's fixed to the wheel so there is no issue with the cam/wheel/mounting being out of alignment.

BTW...I want to shoot at 790fps Max with the ability to knock it down using the HS adjustment to about 770.

My settings are:

Reg 85 BAR

TP med

This is giving me my desired fps but the hs is all over the place as I've described.

Thank you,

Steve

Hi Stevencal64,

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having, for further assistance please feel free to give our customer service or technician department a call or email. 

Regards,

FX Airguns USA 

Contact 

Monday – Thursday 9 AM – 4 PM EST
Fridays 9 AM – 3 PM EST
Phone: +1 866 639 0772
[email protected]

Seems like the reg pressure, hs tension and the hammer weight are not set optimally. Although there are 3 variables, in my case a lighter hammer weight was the answer. What caliber are you shooting and what is the fps spread on a given setting plus bar to shot ratio. May be a simple solution! Did you change calibers?

No, I didn't change calibers. I'm shooting 22.cal 14.35 gr..

I fired a 116 shot string on my chrony but to be honest I was constantly experimenting with the HS and TP. But I've kept my reg pressure at 85. I'll have to do another shot string with consistent settings.

Having the reg on 85 gives me about 790 fps which is where I want to be with the TP on Med and HS on max.

When you mention a lighter hammer weight, do you mean a setting or an entirely different spring?

Thank you,

Steve