• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Dreamline Compact tac NEW PURCHASE

It'd stand to reason that your gauge is reading wrong and your regulator setting is actually a lot higher than indicated. 

Once you get that sweet spot tune you should get 3 mags per fill or more if you turn it down even further with the hammer spring.

OK..just wanted to share my results with my tune. First, I was indeed dealing with bad gauges, both preasure and regulator. The replacements I received were bonified crap as well so I had to spend money on the Huma gauges. The Reg preasure was actually at 160, not 120. And I was not filling my gun up fully to 230 BAR because of a fale reading. More like 200.

So the short version is this:

I set my reg to 100 BAR with my HS screw turned all the way in the Max. This gave about 830-840 FPS (14.3)

Backed off my hammer spring until I experienced a drop off and left it there.

I'm now firing about 810-15 FPS with TP on medium and HS on max

I click the HS down 3-4 notches which quiets the gun and now shoots at 780-90

Opening the TP gives me about 20 fps extra

Most importantly, I'm now getting 3 full mags using the little 170cc bottle. I haven't tried the 300cc yet but I would Imagine it would yield around 5-6 mags. I still want to drop it down just a bit more and I think I'll be good. I intend to shoot 14.3s almost exclusively which suit my needs.

Thank you everyone for the help. I've really learned a lot reading your suggestions and pointers. NOW>>>>my fx packet chronograph is crashing constantly!!! I never get through a shot string without a crash and now have to find out why this is happening.

Here is a shot string with my new tune.

TP Medium

HS 3

14.89 Pellet

shot string.1641333239.png