• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX dream-tact .25 New OEM?

I purchased an FX dream-tact about a month ago. I had been flipping coins and rolling dice trying to decide between 3 different FX models, but finally I chose the tact. 

I had saved my money for about 8 months and I constantly read,watched YouTube, and participated in conversations to try to help make up my mind. Ultimately, I chose the dream-tact because of it's modular design and versatility..

What I didn't know before my purchase was all of the "stock equipment" upgrades that had been done since the "latest" dealers' listings and descriptions about the tact.

When I got my dream-tact, the first thing I noticed was the 24 position hammer spring adjustment wheel. This actually gives a finer tuning array via the hammer spring adjustment.

Then I noticed that my rifle had a power plenum already installed. This would have been nice to know because I had decided I would buy one for it even before I bought my rifle. I'm glad I didn't order an extra one.

Then I decided to look at the barrel system because I was thinking about buying a 600 mm ,22 barrel to go with it. When I took the shroud off of the barrel,turns out I had the super light barrel system instead of the barrel and liner system. Again, would have been nice to know before I purchased the rifle.

Lastly, I have been interested in shooting some lightweight slugs because I have the superior liner. I was looking at Huma to purchase a high flow transfer port for the barrel. Then I happened to see two alignment notches on the original barrel. They are 180° apart. So I immediately thought, "Hell, this thing has dual transfer ports on it." Wouldn't you know it? I took the barrel out and sure enough, two transfer ports. One regular flow "P" pellet transfer port and 180° out a high flow"S" port.

Now don't get me wrong, everything I found to be considered an upgrade,was a pleasant surprise. But, it would have been nice to know what is original standard equipment so it would have been easier to make my damned mind up about which air rifle I wanted.

FX as a company is known to make on-the-fly engineering changes during production runs, some apparent and some not. Seems like their advertising (web site) and user manuals are always playing catch-up.

Pretty hard to keep up with the engineers I guess, being that it is an engineering driven company.

But its good to know that you got maybe more than you anticipated, without spending additional $$$'s.

Absolutely!

Like I told Steve, I was pleasantly surprised to see the power plenum and the new hammer spring tension adjustment.

I don't mind thoughtful upgrades at all. I suppose FX "Fred and Johan" are never sleeping and always innovating. The best part about their "upgrades" is that they don't ever seem like a gimmick! They always seem to make performance and maintenance easier.

Yes, it's the same system except the shroud and the barrel centering discs are smaller diameter than the crown's.

I'm not sure if there are any other advantages besides weight savings. This is my first FX and of course stacking pellets at 50 yards is a no brainer with only minimal effort.

Maybe the super light system gives easier repeatable accuracy,but have no other FX rifles to compare it to.

Yup! FX is constantly upgrading their guns! Gotta love it! they kept their price increase only to 50 dollars while adding a ton of upgrades from the factory!!! I don’t know any other airgun manufacture does that! 👍👍👍

they have changed to the skinnier superlite system for the Dreamline, not all barrel length and caliber have been switched over last time I check but the upgrade is awesome because the weight saving is from the front of the gun so it’s very noticeable even though on scale it’s not a huge difference.

with everyone else charging big bucks the Dreamline is an absolute bargain!!! 

Yup! FX is constantly upgrading their guns! Gotta love it! they kept their price increase only to 50 dollars while adding a ton of upgrades from the factory!!! I don’t know any other airgun manufacture does that! 👍👍👍

they have changed to the skinnier superlite system for the Dreamline, not all barrel length and caliber have been switched over last time I check but the upgrade is awesome because the weight saving is from the front of the gun so it’s very noticeable even though on scale it’s not a huge difference.

with everyone else charging big bucks the Dreamline is an absolute bargain!!! 

Yes, even before the upgrades!

Yeah, I remember Ford had a 351 Windsor, 351 Cleveland and another version. Seems like the intake on one or the other had the thermostat located in different positions.

I think one had the thermostat in a vertical position and the other had it horizontal.

It's been so many years since I have been able to work on any of the engines, I don't even think about it anymore.