• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

fx crown Taiwan version

Unfortunately, I bought the Taiwan version of the crown. I want to know that the Taiwan version limits kinetic energy. I want to know where the restrictions are?
1541328805_9386399085bdecfa532d084.42303669_141453eerb4ebbe34g0rdk.jpeg
1541328805_13358953215bdecfa5c40971.36292571_IMG_20181103_214406.jpg
1541328806_1285478445bdecfa65b9d93.43064155_IMG_20181103_205450.jpg
1541328807_16267220675bdecfa70d9628.05061547_IMG_20181102_195835.jpg
1541328807_13412011045bdecfa7bde701.32957647_IMG_20181102_195829.jpg
1541328808_15146992235bdecfa85e2989.11702729_IMG_20181102_195825.jpg

Reactions: NAM tw
In regards to your English, it's all good. I never heard of a fake FX Crown. I tried doing a search through Google but couldn't come up with anything. I've never owned a FX airgun so I can't speak on quality control issues to see it for myself although I have heard a lot of complaints on the forums about FX's quality control given the price consumers are paying for them.

Reactions: 928487381
I have a new Crown and I made a silencer for it DonnyFL will not sell his silencers outside the USA, but he will sell the adapters. On the Crown the silencer mounts to the shroud. His adapte,r shroud to male 1/2-20TPI works great. My silencer weighs 238 grams. it works really well, it changed the POI at 15 meters down and right 3.5 CM, but with no loss of accuracy. I do NOT recommend an extra support. It isn't necessary.

I have a new Crown and I made a silencer for it DonnyFL will not sell his silencers outside the USA, but he will sell the adapters. On the Crown the silencer mounts to the shroud. His adapte,r shroud to male 1/2-20TPI works great. My silencer weighs 238 grams. it works really well, it changed the POI at 15 meters down and right 3.5 CM, but with no loss of accuracy. I do NOT recommend an extra support. It isn't necessary.

There is no reason to leave the barrel shroud unsupported. Accuracy will not change by adding the spacer. This is not the same as guns with solid steel barrels. There is nothing to be gained by leaving the barrel shroud unsupported on a Crown and nothing to lose by supporting it.

Edit... DonnyFL can not sell his silencers outside the USA. This is a government restriction. Anyone shipping these to another country could get in trouble.

l shipped the donny silencer from the US in some way, I also bought the domny adapter.

Congratulations for anticipating the problem. I have asked this question now several times. Perhaps you will be able to answer it. You will need a chronograph. Please measure your velocity with the JSB 25 cal. 25.39 grain pellet before installing the moderator and then again after installation and let us know what your measured difference is. My speed with this pellet from a Crown exactly as delivered from FX was 940 fps with no more than a 5 fps deviation shot to shot. After the moderator was installed, I measured 900 fps with no more than a 5 fps deviation. My numbers should help you achieve the factory unresticted performance you seek. My regulator was factory set to 135 bar.

There is no reason to leave the barrel shroud unsupported. Accuracy will not change by adding the spacer. This is not the same as guns with solid steel barrels. There is nothing to be gained by leaving the barrel shroud unsupported on a Crown and nothing to lose by supporting it.

Edit... DonnyFL can not sell his silencers outside the USA. This is a government restriction. Anyone shipping these to another country could get in trouble.

I am not certain you are correct about supporting the barrel or not without testing. What I do know is that the additional barrel droop did not change the gun's accuracy. It groups exactly the same with and without the moderator installed, just in a different place. You do not know it that single point support will not alter the accuracy without testing. I also know that when shooting with a bench rest support where the barrel is supported by the rest as opposed to support on the bottle, it does change the point of impact wildly with no repeatability. In other words these Crowns do not like the barrel supported and that experience was the driver for me NOT to support the barrel against the extra weight of the moderator. Perhaps if you test this, your experience will be different.

Perhaps if you test this, your experience will be different.

I have tested it. Why do you think I would say so without testing? Even with an Impact if you rest on the barrel you can move the point of poi up 18 inches at 50 yards. Do as you like with your gun but logic dictates that a straight barrel is ideal and no harm will come by keeping it straight. Most people don't take crowns hunting for fear of hitting the barrel on something. This is not about ego, it's about an option to support the barrel that can not do any harm.

I have tested it. Why do you think I would say so without testing? Even with an Impact if you rest on the barrel you can move the point of poi up 18 inches at 50 yards. Do as you like with your gun but logic dictates that a straight barrel is ideal and no harm will come by keeping it straight. Most people don't take crowns hunting for fear of hitting the barrel on something. This is not about ego, it's about an option to support the barrel that can not do any harm.

Well, first you did not state you tested this. So, in light of your testing, how much pressure does your support apply to the barrel. Please include a photo. I have a machine shop and I can easily make one. You are correct about traipsing through the woods with a Crown. It just isn't on, it is a bench gun and even at that, adding an 8 inch silencer does not make it less awkward.

Well, first you did not state you tested this. So, in light of your testing, how much pressure does your support apply to the barrel. Please include a photo. I have a machine shop and I can easily make one. You are correct about traipsing through the woods with a Crown. It just isn't on, it is a bench gun and even at that, adding an 8 inch silencer does not make it less awkward.

My brother-in-law owns a crown. The spacer we added doesn't apply any pressure, it only stops the sag and goes near the end of the bottle. He's the last person who should own a crown, he bumps it on everything.