• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown MK2 - Chambering a Pellet (Or Two)

I’m a new FX Crown MK2 owner here and was able to shoot my gun for the first time a couple days ago. During the process, there were a couple times when I wasn’t sure if I already chambered a pellet or not. Fortunately, I didn’t mess up, but it got me wondering. Is there a way to tell if a pellet has already been loaded to prevent accidentally putting by two in the chamber?

I’m sure this will sound like a dumb question to some of you, but I don’t want to ruin my gun by making this mistake.

Thanks,

Jason

Every place I shoot from I have one of these laying there. Bend it so you can feel if there is one in the chamber. 
image_2.1611094145.jpg

Well I find it pretty simple. If I pull back on the lever and feel no spring tension then there is already a pellet loaded. If I pulled it back to far and the magazine indexes again then I just remove the magazine so I don't double load and then push the lever forward again. I can now shoot with only one pellet chambered and insert the magazine again when I am ready.

Well that is on my Impact but expect it is the same with most lever actuated guns.

We all get sidetracked at some point while shooting so it’s no big deal. Hearing a mag index or taking advantage of my Taipans anti double loading feature is nice, but my guns never see a magazine until I have a certain projectile dialed in. I thought about making one of my little chamber checkers out of a nice brass rod with a carbon fiber or nice aluminum handle but then I would definitely lose it.

I go about it the other way. The last thing I do before putting the gun down is fire a shot. If I put a fresh mag in the gun I fire a shot then put the gun down. I try never to leave one in the chamber. With my firearms, especially pistols, I have always made sure that the last thing I do at the range is drop the mag, rack the slide a couple of times, then do a dry fire downrange, before putting the empty mag in the gun and the gun in the case. When i get home I check again before putting them away in the safe.

I sometimes forget if I have one up the spout, so dry fire is better than double load. 

Out a couple nights ago and lined up the ret on live target, took up first stage then 2nd, nothing.

Whoops, I forgot to load, better than double 

Still managed to get a shot off and hit quarry where it matters. 

Is there a foolproof method, unless anti double load built into gun, I doubt it. We all make mistakes.