• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown mk1 vs mk2 plenum area increase?

Just saw that mk2 has larger plenum size.

I understand that FX has machined out a bit more material out of the internal plenum area IG mk1 after removing the plenum plug.

Naturally FX made it in that way in mk2 but if we want, can we machine out some of the internal material of plenum in mk1 after removing the plenum plug?

If this is possible without any accident risk then I understand that mk1 may be converted into mk2 as all other differences are easy to meet.

Any advice please?

Bhaur

I myself do work on Impact but here I want to do some work on Crown mk1.

I understand that I can increase the plenum area a bit by enlarging and protruding the new plenum plug as some other people have shown on this forum.

But here apart from any extension I just want to know if in the mk2 only an extra amount of material is machined out from the plenum or the complete design of internal of block is larger.

If the internal design is same except the plenum cavity then we might enlarge the plenum cavity in Crown mk1.

Bhaur

It's just so much easier to order a Power Plenum from FX. It comes with the new valve rod, valve housing, plenum and springs. Yes, it's $200, but well worth it. My Gen 1 was shooting the 34 grain pellets at about 840 -850 fps at 145 bar with maxed out hammer spring. After Power Plenum, it's down to 110 bar, same performance, and no machining. It's a drop in replacement for everything. 

I've seen people do both power plenum and the machined thing you add to the bottom of the gun, not sure if it gives any better performance than just the Power Plenum though. I'm incredibly happy with the results.

No machining, just a drop in replacement that's extremely well engineered. 

It's just so much easier to order a Power Plenum from FX. It comes with the new valve rod, valve housing, plenum and springs. Yes, it's $200, but well worth it. My Gen 1 was shooting the 34 grain pellets at about 840 -850 fps at 145 bar with maxed out hammer spring. After Power Plenum, it's down to 110 bar, same performance, and no machining. It's a drop in replacement for everything. 

I've seen people do both power plenum and the machined thing you add to the bottom of the gun, not sure if it gives any better performance than just the Power Plenum though. I'm incredibly happy with the results.

No machining, just a drop in replacement that's extremely well engineered.

Loops like you are talking about fx impact while we are discussing fx Crown.