• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Crown from Italy

Good morning Airgun Nation users. My name is Stefano, I am Italian and I am a user of compressed air weapons. I own a Vulcan cal. 22, a Hatsan BT65. 22, an HW 977. 177 and an FX Crown. 25. I have not found a section in which to make my presentation, so I introduce myself here, although I know it is not the right place. I apologize for my bad English, but I can't do better. I have read many of your threads about the FX crown, which I need some information about, so I decided to open my first thread. Other information that I can give of me is that I am a lover of woodworking (I have created many stocks for compressed air weapons) and I am a moderator of an Italian forum on compressed air weapons ... AirgunsItaly.

Soon I present my FX crown and I will give you my impressions on this weapon. If possible, I will also ask you some questions. Have a good day everyone.

MOD EDIT: Fixed title. Change word "Corona to Crown".

1586351821_4653760665e8dcecd0fdde3.95635896.jpg

Here is my Corona cal. 25.

Ahhh .... I ask the administrators and moderators, if it is appreciated that I present some of my wooden work and if ok, in what section is it possible to do this.

Another warm welcome and from a neighbour of yours! (Greece) 😉

I am very happy to realize (once more) that AGN apart from being one of my favorite forums,it also attracts people from a lot of different countries around the world! 

Do not worry about linguistic barriers my friend, the love we have for our airguns is our language!

Looking forward to seeing some of your stocks...

Un abbraccio e tantissimi saluti,

Dimitris (Avra)

thank you all guys for the warm welcome with which you welcomed me in your beautiful and very interesting forum. Here, in Italy, the Coronavirus situation is very dramatic, but with all the containment measures implemented by the Italian government, the cases of contagion are decreasing, although, unfortunately, we continue to live armored in the house and the dead people have now reached share 17000. I live in Forlì, a city of 110 000 inhabitants, located in the second region most affected by the infection .. Emilia Romagna. I work in the hospital, in the laboratory, where we do all the tests to find out if patients are positive or not at Covid19. Okay, I'll stop here, also because a forum of compressed air weapons and its accessories is a moment of leisure in an increasingly problematic world and it is not my intention to sadden anyone. To change the subject, but always in line with my afternoon presentation, I will show you some photos of the work I am doing now ... a stock custon for an HW 977.

1586386481_955276415e8e5631584723.50333361.jpg
1586386482_10021030535e8e563259c028.16931057.jpg
1586386483_14653591725e8e56337d2570.92303572.jpg
1586386484_18158557165e8e5634e9d5e6.13557862.jpg
1586386486_4245614585e8e5636423296.80339553.jpg
To stay on topic with my presentation, here are some photos of the work I am finishing ... a custom stock for a HW 977 in solid national walnut wood coming from the mountains of my city. If you like, I will put other works done by me, but not in this thread, since here I will talk about my Crown and ask you for advice on how to make it more powerful. Can you please tell me which is the right section of AGN, where I can open a new thread to present my works to you. Thanks

I speak to you of my Crown. In Italy the laws regarding weapons, both fire and compressed air, are very strict. The Crown that you have seen in the photo is one of the few specimens existing in Italy, as FX Italy has, for now, no intention of putting it on sale, so, after repeated research and thanks to the support of the arms office of the my city, I was able to legally import a Caliber Crown from Spain. 25. As I have already written in the presentation, I am part of the staff of the most important Italian forum of compressed air weapons, www.AirgunsItaly.it, but it is impossible to find news about the Crown here, as nobody owns it, except me. I then looked for news on this FX on the web and found it ... in English, precisely on AGN. I read with extreme interest for a week and, impressed by the amount of information and the expertise of all of you, I decided to join to be part of this fantastic community. Ahhh ... I purchased the Crown with the synthetic stock as, for my taste, the wooden stock, produced for FX by Minelli, the Italian stock factory for the most famous brands, such as Daystate (Wolverine and Red Wolf ) is very comfortable, but ugly, so I will make one "home made" in national walnut or in Swedish three plywood.

The crown is my first FX branded weapon. It is a BOMB, super regulated, fantastic trigger, very smooth Biathlon type charge lever, quite silent and with a generous charger with moltishot. But it has a defect .... Out of box is not very powerful .... My Crown cal. 25 barely reaches 62J with JSB Heavy King d MK2 at 2.2 grams (34 grains). I bought a slug rod and the power went up a bit .... 65.5J. Reading in AGN I saw that there are various jobs that can be done to give it a little more power. I hope to get to about 80J, with the 2.2 gram JSB pellets, with your help. For today I close here, as here in Italy it is 01.36 at night and soon I have to get up to go to the hospital to work. As soon as possible I will ask you some things. Have a good day everyone.

Here I am again .... As I wrote yesterday, my desire would be to increase the power of my crown in cal. 25. Now it stops at 65, 8J with 2.2 gram JSB King Heavy MK2, with a slug liner barrel, which has increased my power from 62.5 (power obtained with the same pellets, but with a standard Liner A barrel) to 65,8J. The pressure regulator is still as it has been calibrated by the factory ... approximately 138 bar, but after using the crown, the pressure gauge needle drops to 130 bar, and then rises again after a few hours of inactivity at 140 bar. I read that the FX regulator has plastic stem and this is one of the causes of its inaccuracy. Even the pressure gauges (they are the black model) are however inaccurate.E
1586440275_21198643265e8f28533a4341.94239787.jpg
1586440275_13036524625e8f2853cee054.57298265.jpg
ven the pressure gauges (they are the black model) are incorrect.