• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX chronograph missing some shots

When I was first using my chronograph it didn't miss any shots. Last night I went out and it missed probably 50% of the shots. I had the Minimum Return set to Lowest and then changed it to 30% and then 20% but it didn't seem to make a difference. I'm shooting 25gr .25cal JSB pellets at about 675-700fps on the low end and 900fps on the high end. The app is set at 590-max fps: Airgun High Power. There were some really erratic readings every so often, but it does warn of that in the settings if the Minimum Return is set too low.

Rechargeables are key boys.

Yes, sir, and I always have another set on the charger when doing a long shooting session. Just pop out the drained ones, set those in the charger while I grab the fresh ones. EBL rechargeable batteries for sure

Thanks for the EBL recommendation, Bigragu.

Are you using the Ni-MH or the Lithium batteries?

Thanks

Ed

If you do not have a barrel mount for it, recommend to get one. Unless you worried about harmonics, then attach it below the barrel to the frame, bottle, etc. It seems to work best if a few inches behind the muzzle end. Also, should be tilted so perpendicularly the front-face of the chrono intercepts to the pellet's path at about 12-24 inches ahead of the muzzle. 

Or just connect a 5V USB power charger/supply to the battery pins (careful with pos and neg) or to the circuit board inside.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-radar-chronograph-love-it/page/2/?referrer=1

IMG_6454.1614710577.1624552060.jpg

I just re-tuned my MK2 couple nights ago, in my garage, didn't wanted to blow a lead dust all over my basement - men's cave.

I did not saw these many missed shots earlier as it was shocking this time. Replaced batteries, rubber band on the barrel, put it forward or rearward on barrel, put it on small box below, no change it was skipping the shots and some entire strings of 10s. Then finally I placed the radar on a box at a R side same height as a barrel, and voila started picking up every single shot no misses at all.

I guess something to do with air-sound-wave reflections from the walls or from the room...earlier during winter it didn't liked the sound in the basement from the furnace fans...now in the garage with a door half way up open...I don't know...but frustrating to troubleshoot for sure

Several weeks at my 100M shooting range, sometimes close to side wall and sometimes closer to threes.

This thing is missing about 10% shots, but that not really what worries me...

Today I was tuning the Valve for smallest possible deviation....and the speed was spiking shockingly...but I was watching the POI was about right...and the flyers were not alerted from the radar. I would expect a flyer to have a low or a higher speed then the average...

In past 2-3 weeks I was assigning the speed spikes to my latest batch of pellets, but after today what I saw I really don't know anymore....the pellets tighter skirt or the FX Radar?

I would really go back to my Chinese shot through chrony, the negative was I had to shot through a tube but the unit never missed the measure, but I missed the hole ;)