• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Boss 30 cal. Dry Fire now cant seal at seat area

Guys ran out of air and dry fired the gun. After that I could not get it to hold any air. The air keep coming out the barrel.
Called Air Guns of Arizona. Hey said need to send back the hammer will strike the back of the area the needle come through and distort the Aluminum witch will now pinch the needle and not let it return to the seat area. So I sent it back waiting to get it fixed
The question is, has any one have that happen to them? if so how would you fix the distorted area. would you go from the needle side and ream it or take the striker hammer side apart and go from that side and machine out the distorted area??? 

So I've done this exact thing with a different gun ( custom.30 mrod). I had a air leak and was being lazy and dry firing it instead of putting the stock end cap on and using a degassing tool. The valve was a hill valve. By just looking at it, it looked fine but the poppet valve would not push back thru the hole. So I found a drill bit the same size as the poppet valve and opened it back up. Worked great. But with a gun still under warranty id just send it in. Its pretty easy to take to much off or not get it perfectly straight and destroy your valve.

I was accused by AOA of dry firing my Bobcat, causing the problem you describe. I assure you I did not dry fire the gun, ever, but still had to pay to fix it even when it was still within the warranty period. After getting the gun back I put 1 magazine of pellets through it and all was well. Then 2 weeks ago I pulled the Bobcat out of the safe and after only 2 magazines the gun once again began hissing air out the barrel. Once again I will say the gun has never been dry fired. As I will no longer do business with AOA, I guess I'll have to try fixing it myself.

Sorry guy that I have not replying sooner. My wife told me she is having a baby, I new it worked but did not know it worked that good. I am still recovering from that surprise. Anyway why I dry fired it. I took it apart to reverse engineer it because I am left handed. I also am a machinist. I have it draw up on my cad system, did the changes, now going to make the unit L.H.
But the ground hogs are out. I put it back together to do some killing. Unfortunately it leaked. I could not figure it out so back it went. I am waiting to get it back. 

Up date got a call from AOA yesterday said they need to replace the main body. I did take it to a gunsmith before sending it back to them. He gave it back, said he could not fix it. Seems he tried to drill out the area that was holding up the stem from moving. I did not know that. Anyway he must of did some damage that they cant fix. with part and assembly 500 +, had no choice, told them to do it. From now on will put a zip tie through the hole if I empty the air completely. Very costly mistake

"tutuan"Well, in this video from AOA about rebuilding the Impact regulator, Don tested the regulator pressure by dry firing the gun multiple times. Same on the other video about adjusting the Impact regulator, he suggested dry firing to degas the gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OpwyIjZlAg

You can dry fire your gun just like the video shows. He has the bottle installed with plenty of pressure in it. What you can't do is fire without any/low pressure in the bottle. That is what ruins the valve seat. It has no back pressure and lets the hammer over travel and damage the bore or valve/seat. This is why at 3:36 in the video he releases pressure out the gauge instead of dry firing it. The Royale has a access hole which exposes the valve end. I use a soft device (wood dowel) to lift the valve off the seat to bleed it down.