• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Bobcat vs Kalibrgun Cricket

Hi everyone.
About two week ago someone offered me to change my gun (cricket) with his gun (fx impact) but didn’t happen.
Last week I had an other offer to change my gun with fx bobcat. Fortunately the gun was ok and we changed our gun.
I disassembled the gun to decrease reg pressure to 140 (time had effects on it) and clean the barrel. The gun were made in 2015/6 but No one didn’ open it.
This week I had enough time to check every thing and make comparison between this two.
At first let me say: both cricket and bobcat are in .22. Pellet speed on cricket 270m/s bobcat 280m/s JSB 18.13.
1_triggers: the trigger on bobcat is a way better than on the cricket. First stage is good and second stage is a little travel. Unlike cricket.
2_rigidity: Cricket was like a stone in my hand. There wasn’t even a little movement but bobcat feels loss a bit.
3_Weight and easy to carry: cricket is smaller and lighter. But bobcat is plastic so it has more resistance.
4_Aacuracy on hand: The bobcat is way better than the cricket. Because it’s a hybrid gun I could get accuracy like high end rifle.
5_Accuracy on bench: How ever for experienced shooters both are same both for me bobcat is better than the cricket. Because stand on bobcat is forward movement were less. And on cricket I saw group were shifting.
6_barrel: ST is better than the CZ. Right after cleaning I can get good group with bobcat but cricket shifts over 5 to 10 pellets.
7_mag: mag on cricket is cheaper and 14 pellets capacity easyer to loud and you can have mag on your gun but bobcat only 2. (4 on mag holder and one ready to shot and you can dicock it unlike bobcat)
8_User friendly and easy service: Cricket is easyer to service. I could disassemble and assemble the gun with closed eyes. Also grooves are smother than the bobcat. But second manometer on bobcat and removable cylinder made say that bobcat is winner.
9_Shot capacity: How ever fx is more efficient but 300 bar on cricket make more shots. But only once you can fill it to 300 hundreds after that tank pressure will decrease. So fx is winner.
10_Sound: fx is better and you can add silencer on it.
Last word: Both are good. I pick bobcat because it’s more accurate.

Hi Eddy.
I believe you. I had Cricket for 14 months which is amazing for me. I had 3 shot group with 0 CTC (.22 in hole) in 30 meters which is mind blowing. But I didn't like all of those group shifting which made me crazy. I zeroed my gun and get a perfect group with it but last 3-4 pellet to end, group where shifted and I had to zeroed it again.
I want to say I believe two things:
1_ Each gun perform different on different hands. After a year of shooting and changing three scope on my cricket and adding bubble, bipod and sand rest on it I had problem. But with bobcat in two days I hit 2 mag in a hole with out group shifting and a single flyer also I haven't bubble leveler on it.
2_ Same manufacturer with same stuff in a same day make same guns but one is better than the other. If I had done some tuning on cricket barrel maybe I could achieve better accuracy. But maybe my cricket was the bad one and my fx is the good one.

My friend's cricket .25 has a barrel problem. The choke area has some digs and bumps.

It's not accurate at all.
0e92a08e817569d51afae7c8b7780c53.jpg

Had 3 calibers and 4 different Crickets. The winner in the accuracy dept. is one of the.25's, easily shooting flies and pellet on pellet at 25 yds. I look at Hajimoto's videos showing great camera work, and better shooting with his.22 Marauder. I could not keep Crosman HP's on a pizza box at 50 yds with my .22. The best groups were 6-8 inch with 18.3 JSB's. FX is the leader in the PCP industry, they corralled the best shooters, hired Ernest, and located in a gun friendly state. They are producing cutting edge products at break neck speed. Their guns are on your drool list as soon as they are introduced, and customers buck up, and wait months after their initial production to receive theirs. It's funny I was w/o computer for better than a week, catching up on the latest and greatest from the shot show, I did not even click on other banners. Look back at older videos both Matt, and Ted made some extraordinary shots with AirArms, and Edgun. FX seems to dominate the field, and is getting stronger by the day. With that said I'm packing up an array of Crosman products and shipping to a new AG Nation member. I always said I would not pay 100 bucks for a magazine, they got cheaper too. I see a Dreamline in my future.

I have a Cricket in .25. It has been a stellar shooter. I also own an Impact in .25 and it squeaks out just in front of the Cricket but not so until I dealt with some problems with the Impact. Now it's a tack driver out to 65 yards.
The Cricket IS a very easy gun to work on so that's important. Yes you can almost tear it apart and reassemble with your eyes closed. It's a nice simple design and simplicity is always best.
But it has it's drawbacks. It shoulders great but is heavy and on the bench is a little hard to control. I haven't noticed any POI shift though.

Both FX and Kalibrgun are great guns to own.

Hi everyone.
Sorry I am on a trip and I didn’t check up new massages here.
I checked choke on cricket and that was normal for cricket. Group was pellet on pellet if I managed gun movement. But shifting was unavoidable. However I set reg at 120 and could get better accuracy of it.
I like fx guns. They’re well made, easy to shoot and cutting edge products.
But one funy thing: I couldn’t find any good video on YouTube for fx bobcat mk2 in English. So I made a good review from both guns also I made a movie of disassembling and reassembling which is so rare in my country also I add some group from 29.8 meters with some adjustments that I’v done. People saw it and I got some offers for changing my gun with them. Now they have offered hw100, s510, royal 500, edgun standrad and reneged but I’m waiting for impact, edgun long, pulsar, s510 ultimate sporter, ftp 900 and lg 110 to change my gun. Actually I had an offer from pulsar which I like the most but extra money that he said I have to pay is much (about 900$ but I think 400$ is enough for synthetic one) however daystate is abit expensive here unlike fx, so I hope he change his mind to do this xchange.
By more expensive I mean cricket is cheaper than daystate huntsman here. (Cricket wb for 1500$ and huntsman for 1800$)

Crickets are inherently awesome guns. But they do come out of the factory with some imperfections that are easily solved. One of the first things Charlie does to them is throw away the hammer spring and replace it. Polishing Crown and lapping the barrel are among other things that can be done. Lastly, if you get one in .25 with the added plenum, it will push those heavier pellets with great accuracy. 

"Arash"Added plenum? Could you explain more?
I think cricket hammer spring work properly. 0.8 to 1.5 m/s spread depends on date of service.
By the way I made a part which stopes the hammer spring before hammer hit the valve, but because the spring wasn’t strong enough and hammer was abit light, I couldn’t get more than 12 joules out of it.
Here you go. 

http://www.georgiaairguns.net/cricket.html