• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Bobcat MK2 .25 Power Level Trajectory & POI Comparisons

Hi All FX Bobcat MK2 owners,
I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has a FX Bobcat MK2 .25 and has experimented shooting using both (High & Low) power level settings.
- What FPS readings do you get from both settings?
- What range/power level do you have it zeroed in at and what are the POI changes for say 25m, 50m & 75m?
- What are the POI changes for 25m, 50m & 75m when on Low Power and how much do you have to "Hold Over" to compensate for this?
- Is the pellet trajectory flat on High Power or curved and how noticible are the changes at Low power?
- How does the muzzle repot sound change from High to low power?
- Is grouping still tight on Low Power?
Thanks very much

"GriffyGriff"Hi All FX Bobcat MK2 owners,
I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has a FX Bobcat MK2 .25 and has experimented shooting using both (High & Low) power level settings.
- What FPS readings do you get from both settings?
- What range/power level do you have it zeroed in at and what are the POI changes for say 25m, 50m & 75m?
- What are the POI changes for 25m, 50m & 75m when on Low Power and how much do you have to "Hold Over" to compensate for this?
- Is the pellet trajectory flat on High Power or curved and how noticible are the changes at Low power?
- How does the muzzle repot sound change from High to low power?
- Is grouping still tight on Low Power?
Thanks very much
Hi,

Let me see what I remember... : )

On high I get 930 and on low I get 650 FPS, using 25.4 gr pellets. I made a list once, but lost the damn thing. I have a bunch of different pellets here, so I can do it again in the morning. Now that you know the FPS and pellet weight, just use an app like chairgun or strelok, and it will tell you EVERYTHING you would like to know, when it comes to the trajectory and stuff like that. You would end up using an app like that anyway, so you might as well get used to it now...

However, I have to hold over about one mil-dot when I shoot at 30 yards... going from high to low power. grouping is absolutely great when using low power. 

Hope this helps for now.

Kmd

EDIT: Take a look at my other thread. I do not talk about the different power setting, but it might still have interesting info for you.

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/going-to-the-100-yard-in-door-range-tomorrow/#post-139893

Hi Kmd, thanks for your response.
I did go through Chairgun, but find it pretty dry as an app and would really appreciate to hear real experience.

I don't know if you can see the image in the DropBox link, but I have been putting the FPS figures into Excel for a Bobcat .25, Bobcat .22 and comparing it with my Ranchero .22 and .177 TX200HC.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v1lc49ntrmvrol/BobcatPowerComparisons.png?dl=0
This visibly shows that the .25 Bobcat even at High & Lo power settings, by far outperform all the other guns.

I have never really shot my FX Ranchero at anything but high power as the groupings get worse the lower you get. (Maybe because the Smooth Twist functions better at higher velocities). I am sure FX put power settings there as a valuable tool as they don't do things without good reason and so am really keen to hear about what situations you use them on a Bobcat .25.

Thanks

Hi just an update on ChairGun as I decided to persist and see what it could offer. To easily review the effects of different power settings on an FX. ( My Ranchero has 3 power levels). I set the 4 differently coloured main screens to match the 3 settings (fps & pellet BC values). 2 of the screens have their values duplicated. Then I clicked "User Files" and added one called Ranchero and saved it This way when I look at the graphs and select "All Profiles", I only see the 3 different settings. So when I did similar with the Bobcats 2 power levels, I can now see at a glance the effects of both power levels.
Thanks for pointing me back to ChairGun