FX Airguns newest PCP... the IMPACT (video overview)

Yeah rockymtbiker, there is a slight bias towards the front of the rifle, but not too much. The balance point of this wildcat is at the trigger w/o bipod.

=Danny

note: There are also two other Quick Detach points on the rifle, one at the rear of the stock and one right behind the atlas rail that supports the bipod. These are noveske qd flush cups. You can tether the magpul ms4 strap to those points for a more traditional sling attachment.​

Sounds like the balance points for the Wildcat and Impact are the same; that's why I have planned to attach the slingpoint at the rear of the rail since I prefer a muzzle-down carry. Had thought about the possibility of using an ms4 strap on the Impact but don't think it would be as secure plus I would worry about possible barrel/shroud distortion.

The question I have is whether attaching the sling to the back of the rail will force me to mount the scope too far forward; have you had any issues with the Wildcat in that regard?

Thanks again for sharing.

Stephen

"rockymtbiker":). My apologies for the salutation, Michael; obviously I'm so eager to read what both you guys are posting that I'm having trouble keeping you two straight. No disrespect intended.
None taken, we're try to answer questions on each others thread when possible. We are learning as we go.

"gixxer3000"Hi michael.
Q: In the video you say the .22 took you by surprise. Do you think its possible the Impact is going supersonic with .22 with everything at max power ? If it pushes 25 grains at 970fps, i could imagine a 16-18 grain .22 go at 1030-1040 fps.That will definitely up the soundlevels a fair bit.

Preciate the work.
Yes I believe it was because the pellets were going supersonic.

"greg"Thanks for the video, Michael.

I am curious about the 'no war' statement, or rather learning the nature of those conflicting effects in a PCP. Anyone care to shed some light?
Secondary to that, though still interesting, is understandings how impact is different in dealing with those issues.

I wish I was qualified to answer your question. The best word I can think of would be "harmony".