FX Airguns newest PCP... the IMPACT (video overview)

"gixxer3000"Hi michael.
Q: In the video you say the .22 took you by surprise. Do you think its possible the Impact is going supersonic with .22 with everything at max power ? If it pushes 25 grains at 970fps, i could imagine a 16-18 grain .22 go at 1030-1040 fps.That will definitely up the soundlevels a fair bit.

Preciate the work.
The 34g pellets were moving @ 875, the 18g pellets are roughly half that weight so one would assume that they are roughly traveling twice the speed of the 34g pellets (1750 fps). But research has shown that smaller pellets, like .177 are not as efficient as .22. So if I had to guess, I would say yes the pellet were traveling supersonic. But only a chronograph will tell.

Does anyone know that if you place a pre-order for the Impact with AOA, is it for a specific caliber rifle only, or when the time comes if there are packaged deals with the Impact will you be able to apply it to that? I've emailed AOA. but havnt heard back yet.

With what info Michael & Tom have already shown us I'm sold! Wife also gave the ok aslong as I sell some things that are taking up space! 

I would just like to know if there will be a complete setup or will it all need to be purchased separately.

I have found something that I do not like about the Impact (but thankfully there is a simple solution). When changing barrels & probes I find it difficult to tell the difference between .22 & .25. I sent FX an email and suggested that they stamp the caliber on each barrel & probe. This way there will not be any confusion. 

"Michael"I have found something that I do not like about the Impact (but thankfully there is a simple solution). When changing barrels & probes I find it difficult to tell the difference between .22 & .25. I sent FX an email and suggested that they stamp the caliber on each barrel & probe. This way there will not be any confusion.
Wow that is a great catch Michael!

"Todd_Bobcat"Also, there is a lot of variables here. When you change calibers. What about the scope "dope" for each caliber?
I tried to point out in the video that FX designed the Impact so that when you change calibers all you have to do is adjust the power wheel. The valve adjuster is just for fine tuning (or crazy tuners). Yes, it makes sense that when you change calibers you will have to re-adjust your scope. To what extent I'm not sure yet.

"Thanks Michael. "
"Todd_Bobcat"Also, there is a lot of variables here. When you change calibers. What about the scope "dope" for each caliber?
I tried to point out in the video that FX designed the Impact so that when you change calibers all you have to do is adjust the power wheel. The valve adjuster is just for fine tuning (or crazy tuners). Yes, it makes sense that when you change calibers you will have to re-adjust your scope. To what extent I'm not sure yet.

Michael,
Many thanks for your thorough review of the Impact's features and the chrono data.
It appears that there was a significant change in the barrel changing system from it's initial description.
If my memory serves me correctly the initial system described by Fred Axelson at the show in Germany featured a mechanism in which the barrel locked in place with ca. a quarter turn. The current system appears to lock the barrel in place with a simple set screw attached to a large exposed knob. Any concerns about this large knob being accidentally loosened?

frogairgunFLhey michael,
as far as the impact goes for extreme benchrest is that rifle a better choice than the fx boss i plan to hunt with it as well 
Thank you

In my humble opinion I believe a full length rifle that is heavier would be better suited for Benchrest shooting. But then again an FX Bobcat took 2nd place @ 100 yard extreme this year. I shot really well with the Impact In the qualifying events.