• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Airgun Question - Zeroing

Question to all of you FX air gun owners out there. 

I own 3 FX air rifles; The Royale 400 (.22), the Maverick (.22) and the Dreamline Lite Bottle (.177).

The question is how many of you have a FX that actually keeps it zero between shooting spells?

Of the 3 only the 400 keeps it zero. All 3 of them sit in the corner by the doorwall so that I can pick

one of them up to shoot any starlings that come on to the bird feeders. I can zero in the Maverick or the

Dreamline, leave it for a couple days to weeks and they will not shoot where I left them. The 400

is spot on every time. Just wondering if I am the only one with this problem...

My Royale 400 has been totally reliable for years, including a dependable POI. My only other FX rifle was a Crown, and it had a persistent issue with POI deviations. So much so, I would never rely on it as a field rifle. And no, it was not the result of a faulty scope or loose fasteners. Full disclosure, mine was the previous generation, and I know they made a few much needed design changes, so maybe the problem is fixed. But my opinion remains the same. A rifle using a sleeve/liner/shroud assembly, needs to be put together in a much more robust manner. Now, if you like going to the range and tinkering with different liner lengths, twist rate, etc., then it's a dream design. But all the new FX designs are just too complicated for my taste, with too many small parts. I don't plan to ever own another FX product that doesn't use the solid barrel ST design, basically the Royale/ Boss platform. 

EDA17994-F0D9-4850-AE0C-613F62E0E684.1645386391.jpeg
I pulled out a rifle I haven’t shot in two or more years. Aired it up. Put some pellets in it and shot 6 shots at 35 yds. Rubber washer is 5/8” held by #6 drywall screw. Bottom six were on “low” power port restrictor and top 6 shots were on high power. Port restriction towards butt of stock. I used some JSB jumbo Diabolo 15.89 gr. Not bad for three years. Thanks 
23070201-A517-44FB-BEAE-A895C835BD62.1645383923.jpeg

I currently have 1 dreamtac compact, 2 crowns and an impact, had a maverick and another dreamtac before. They all keep their zero just fine. Depending on the tune first shot might be slightly low but zero never changes on all 6 of my FX guns owned in last 2 years. Maybe I got lucky?

have you tried scrub a couple of dry fire shots before shooting? It could be reg creep.