• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX 700mm X Barrels, should i get it?

Good Question. I got one the other day. Had to completely retune the gun for it. Weather has been terrible but yesterday morning it was dead calm and got a chance to see what it would do. At 106 yards it shoots MOA or slightly below. The original ST barrel with the sliding shroud would shoot MOA. So, accuracy is MAYBE a little better. It's quieter. Uses less air so more shots per fill. Makes the gun longer then with the original sliding shroud. My understanding is it will shoot slugs. That is a plus if it interests you. And, it makes your pocket book 400+ dollars lighter. Good luck. sylvan

"Kitplanenut"Good Question. I got one the other day. Had to completely retune the gun for it. Weather has been terrible but yesterday morning it was dead calm and got a chance to see what it would do. At 106 yards it shoots MOA or slightly below. The original ST barrel with the sliding shroud would shoot MOA. So, accuracy is MAYBE a little better. It's quieter. Uses less air so more shots per fill. Makes the gun longer then with the original sliding shroud. My understanding is it will shoot slugs. That is a plus if it interests you. And, it makes your pocket book 400+ dollars lighter. Good luck. sylvan
I think future liners may be suited to slugs but the ones released as of now are not, that's how I understand it.