• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX .22 Impact with huggett shroud

Finally had time to machine a .22 Smooth twist barrel and probe. here's how she look at 30.5" OAL..

the barrel has no brass TP all steel, smooth tapered the smooth bore from rear to just aft of TP where the pellet gets sealed. 

shorten the barrel just enough for the shroud to taper under the scope rail. got her set at 925fps with 18g----Man it's so quite and accurate and love that 18 shot mag. 

"fe7565"
"sniperlabyo"Finally had time to machine a .22 Smooth twist barrel and probe.
Is it a one-time fabrication or you are considering making barrel/probe kits for the Impact?
Just a one time beal for me--now I have all 3 caliber. And have .177 on the works.

Just have to many tunes waiting around.

but you can buy the huggett at AOA, was mod for a .25 but works great for the .22

"Kitplanenut"That is a good looking gun. Your a visionary and a craftsman. Wish I lived closer. Were you able to take the standard FX blank that AOA sells and just lathe and mill it down? That would be a fun project.
Yes barrel blanks from AOA, blanks are 14:05mm the finish OEM barrels 13:95mm, I just sand it down till I get the right fit.

"sniperlabyo"
"fe7565"
"sniperlabyo"Finally had time to machine a .22 Smooth twist barrel and probe.
Is it a one-time fabrication or you are considering making barrel/probe kits for the Impact?
Just a one time beal for me--now I have all 3 caliber. And have .177 on the works.

Just have to many tunes waiting around.

but you can buy the huggett at AOA, was mod for a .25 but works great for the .22

If you can get ST .177 barrel blanks I would be interested in one, or two even. Thanks