Went for a «Cyclops». (FWB 300S)
This rifle stock is kind of ugly, but never the less, had to have it in my collection.
Production year 1982, and the 4 crony tests showed 565, 568, 559 and 564.
B3C61D2B-39C3-4E80-B7F6-A18F75B5B458.jpeg

DD217F11-5DDE-4230-AA6B-69F43CA19B81.jpeg

Like a fool, I sold an Anshutz 380. At the same time, an FWB 300 was available, but a little rough. The 380 was/is considered a further development until the next stage showed up. They are all great rifles, no doubt. The day I got the rifle, but later put on a nice scope. I sold it later, but the USPS broke it in half and then denied the insurance. OK, but UPS, FedEx, and others are just as sorry.

160.JPG

This stock is not ugly. Sure, it has the usual amount of dings in it for its age, but it can be refinished. These are the best spring piston rifles ever made and will last forever. I use mine for 25M BR shooting.
I mean ugly in the sense of the shape. There is nearly a scratch on the wood, and the bluing is at least 85%.

That's just one of those early, I think 1980's target stocks, designed more for function than looks. I have one from about 1982, walnut a bit lighter in color and some tiger stripe. I ordered from Beeman and was told Mrs. Beeman hand picked it at the time. Now looking back 41 years later I wish I had gotten one with the Tyrolean stock. I just got a Tyrolean stock for my HW 77 and absolutely like the way it positions your head in relation to the rear sight.

That's a nice one! I know that you have the skills to make a new stock for it. Are you planning one yet? 👊🏼
Well, the 300 stock is iconic, so no "improvements" will be done on that one (other than some maintenance). But I have given it a thought. Maybe I`ll make an alternative stock, and see how it will suit the rifle - and with a scope of course.

Reactions: Greenarrow
Well, the 300 stock is iconic, so no "improvements" will be done on that one (other than some maintenance). But I have given it a thought. Maybe I`ll make an alternative stock, and see how it will suit the rifle - and with a scope of course.
Numerous stock designs were made for the 300S series, here is my assortment.
Tyrolean, Universal MKI, Match L, Running Target V1 & Running Target V4
322 FWB 300S Tyro, Universal MKI, Match L, Running Boar v1, Running Boar V4.JPG

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course! 🙂

But don't forget the 300S is a dedicated, 50-year-old design intended for one thing only: offhand shooting at 10 meters. If not THE loveliest thing in my collection, I do like the looks. "Squared up" was the fashionable match rifle aesthetic of the 1970's, and this is much nicer than most, with excellent detail ergonomics - but it was never intended as a slick-handling sporter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunnertrones
NOW we are talking guys!
D.M.Mike: those are some excellent assortments, and true to the original makers idea. It would be a "crime" changing anything. Therefore it has to be a new stock, quite different from the original that stands for itself.

Specie: Yes, something like that. And with a relatively short scope that does not conflict with the loading.

Reactions: DualMagMike