• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FWB 124

Hi. I have one which belonged to my dad.
It was made about 1981-2, has metal trigger and shoots well, at about 10 foot pounds.
I stopped using it, as after 30 years without a new seal, I was told the old one would disintegrate.
Plus, it started making a few grinding noises, so it sits in my cabinet, awaiting the day when it gets a good seeing to.
No pics, but it's in good condition.

Bought mine about 1979-1980 with the blue ribbon scope on it, 500 dollars was a lot of money for a pellet gun at that time,
HUGH, learning curve with my first springer, Had lots of shooting matches with my friends I would loan them one of my pumpers and the pellets and the beer would flow.
One of my best friends was Mike B, and he was a very skilled shooter and would always out shoot me with a pump up air gun,
Mike

I had one in the '80s. I got it from a deal ad in Shotgun News in which a company was selling Beeman branded guns for less than Beeman list price. You bet old Doc Beeman shut him down quickly! Mine had the plain Jane "sporter" stock and a peep sight. It was a very accurate gun even though we hadn't discovered the "artillery hold" yet. Mine was very twangy but shot very well. I sold it to raise funds for my HW55, I still have that one, here it is.

Back from airguntunes.com where Scott installed a Maccari soft kit. It is shooting AA 7.33gr @ 850fps with a nice solid thud. I went with the soft kit as I wanted it close to factory spec. The rifle is a 1978 model ( 16XXX ) and the scope is from the same period, a Beeman 1.5-5X32. 

FWB124155321%202_zpsvjyatkn7.jpg

Nice rifle. They are fun shooters.
Here is a pic of one of mine. It sports a deluxe stock and Beeman Model 60 (2-7 X 32) Blue Ribbon scope. 1979 model (22XXX) serial.
It is powered by the Maccari spring with piston seal and shoots JSB Exact express 7.87gr at 860fps...12.9fpe. Like yours it is a very solid thunk when fired.
The chipmunk in the photo had been chewing holes in our plastic storage bin. Took him out at 38 yards. The grey took one to the back of the head at 34. Wrong place at the wrong time. I have quite a few in the freezer now. My plans are to run some squirrel meat through the deer grinder and make some squirrel jerky.

Just got my FWB 124D back from David Slade to replace piston seal.. Had a complete tune/rebuild with trigger job. Shoot jsb 8.4 @ 860 for 13.88 fpe with a nice thud. No twan spring thing. Zeroed @ 35 ysd. First zero @ 17 and max rise .25 out to 35. Brain dead accurate. A dime will cover 5 shots @ 35. Who said FWB 124'S have bad triggers. All i can say is i know why David's nick name is "Triggerman" . First stage click then break like glass. This is from a pcp shooter that have a Ernest tuned Cricket compact. 22.

"JohnL57"I had one in the '80s. I got it from a deal ad in Shotgun News in which a company was selling Beeman branded guns for less than Beeman list price. You bet old Doc Beeman shut him down quickly! Mine had the plain Jane "sporter" stock and a peep sight. It was a very accurate gun even though we hadn't discovered the "artillery hold" yet. Mine was very twangy but shot very well. I sold it to raise funds for my HW55, I still have that one, here it is.
Hahaha...
Saw your picture and thought to myself ....
"THAT is a great looking airgun !!!I have GOT to get me one of these 124's... "
Then I read where you wrote it was an HW55... very nice and I did have to get one, still have mine too. Nice airgun John