• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate From 60FPE to 30FPE in the blink of an eye!

I’m curious though how well does the electric gun maintain ES and std deviation after the drastic switch with the same reg pressure?? In my experience with most mechanical guns that big of a drop sends those two stats into haywire. The M3 for some reason seems one of the better mechanical guns but maybe the electronic controls over come this ??

So simple a cavemen can do it. Nice Michael.

20240324_144217.jpg

Reactions: Centercut
I’m curious though how well does the electric gun maintain ES and std deviation after the drastic switch with the same reg pressure?? In my experience with most mechanical guns that big of a drop sends those two stats into haywire. The M3 for some reason seems one of the better mechanical guns but maybe the electronic controls over come this ??
I've got mine set to 145b for the 34g pellets. It's seems to work well for a reduced power scenario as well. But, in order to get the best efficiency you'd probably want to adjust the regulator too.

Wait, you have to pull the trigger to go into the settings?
The computer is locked until you cycle the gun on and open the breech and then hold the trigger for 4 seconds. Once the lock disappears from the screen you can swipe left to access selections like caliber/barrel length, pellet weight, desired FPS and so on. When you press your final selection(s) you close the breech and the computer does the math. I can go from a .30 cal at just under 100 FPE to a .177 <20 FPE in right at 10 minutes which includes a barrel and probe change. Usually the system takes 3-4 shots to be in spec with your screen choices. Regulator adjustments are easy. You can increase reg pressure without degassing, but to decrease reg pressure you need to spin the bottle out (it has a valve) then dryfire to remove any residual pressure. Then close the regulator by turning (CW). Reinstall your bottle and very slowly open your Reg (CCW) until your desired reg pressure is achieved - please don't assume i have my clockwise and counter clockwise instructions correct. AOA has a few great youtube videos on the process.

Man i wish they would do something about tuning of air rifles, CUZ even if the knobs are right there, it is not just a turn or two on either or both and you are set to go.
The unlinking of REG pressure and hammer would fix a lot i assume, but even if that is sort of there in my Epic Two, then it still take a little work and time to change tune, and that dont even have to be from one extreme to the other within the rifles envelope.

The Daystate digi guns are probably as close as you get these days, and i am sort of sad they are more costly than i like, and that i have never tried to shoot one.

Reactions: cavedweller