• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Found another piece to play with

DaveG

Apr 1, 2015
I started to get myself organized a little, putting stuff away. and cleaning a bit - in order to get the shop doors re-opened. One of the first things I found in the store room was this twin tube Bullpup action I started. 

The action itself is really already complete. Barreled in .22 using an FX ST bore, breech accepts Marauder mags, reg installed, twin tubes net @360cc's of air, and a trigger set at @6.5oz. I shot this build as a regular gun before switching the breech, machining/adding the parts to make it a twin tube, and BP. It was wonderfully accurate at that time, so I do have high hopes for this version of the build. 

Spent a little time with a concept for putting wood on it...

I also found a hand full of other actions in various states of build. Some are already shooting, but need wood, some need some parts made to finish off... I have one small box that contains the gathering of parts that represent 6 actions build on the same spec, along with the 'list' of parts to finish them off ;-) Feels like a re-birth of sorts...

The projects seem to be adding up...hope you take it easy on yourself. At the same time, I can't wait to see your finished works.....always been a fan of your styling. I'm going to follow you throughout the process because I find it fascinating! The only question is do you start and finish one project at a time? Or do you do multiple builds at once? Looking forwards to your builds!
Mike Manabe

I'm in no rush to get anything finished, so don't feel terribly concerned about pushing myself. It will be another week or so (we have 3 doctors appointments this week) before I actually spend a day in the shop. First order of business will be finishing some stuff I owe people, a small handful of projects that have been long overdue. Once that is done, I am going to do whatever my heart desires, when I feel like doing it ;-)

In general , I will start a batch of stuff, and as an idea festers in my head, I will pull one out, and take ti to where I feel it wants to go, all the while planning, or figuring the next one, etc... They get to a certain point where they kind of take on a life of their own. If I get stuck, or bore with progress on one, I move to something else - so, there is seldom just one thing happening.

Actually a more recent piece. For a while there - I was working towards a full batch of CNC produced actions. There were two models that would be made from the parts, some of which are common between the two... one had a side cocking knob separate from the loading probe, the other did not. They were to be the TAC7XX and Trident actions... That plan is now history, although I still have about half the parts needed ;-)

This Bullpup action is based on a Trident action. It was already assembled and tested as a regular long action, and then parts were removed and replaced with parts to make it into a double tube BP set up...