• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

For FX Wildcat (any model) owners - a question

I bought my pic rail at Midwayusa.com Atlas Bipod Flush Cup 1913 Radius Back Rail 3.35" Aluminum Black

Did you use the fasteners recommended on the Midway site: Midway part 640382 “Atlas Bipod Rail Mounting Fastener 2-Piece Set for use with BT15 and BT17 Steel Black”? This is 2 T nuts designed to go in the barrel channel for the machine screws to screw into from the outside. Or, did you attach the pic rail some other way?

1590127373_21337209225ec76b0d181b82.04189792.JPG
I used the T nuts and counter sunk them .

Have installed quite a few of these. You can buy the rail at just about any place that handles AR parts. You can buy ones that are to long and cut them down for exact fit or they make the short ones you see everyone using. Mount them with a blind nut that is countersunk on the inside of the stock so it doesn't touch the reservoir. I've paid as little as 3.00 for the rail and get the mounting hardware from Ace or TrueValue. Another trick is if the mating surface between the rail and stock are not an exact match you can bed it with any of the epoxy putty's from the auto parts store. Just be sure and put scotch or packing tape on your stock so it does not stick to the stock while it sets up. sylvan

I've seen pics of Wildcats with the short picatinny rail under the forend. Is that a factory thing or an added accessory. If added - where do you get a short pic rail that has a rounded bottom to properly fit the Wildcat forend?

All FX dealers have access to a rounded pic rail that FX makes. It's called the FX Picatinny Accessory Rail and retails at $25.99. Many of the dealers will even install it for you. Not everyone wants a pic rail (as many who shoot mainly offhand find that the perfect place to rest their hand) thus we offer it as an inexpensive upgrade. Hope this helps.

I've seen pics of Wildcats with the short picatinny rail under the forend. Is that a factory thing or an added accessory. If added - where do you get a short pic rail that has a rounded bottom to properly fit the Wildcat forend?

All FX dealers have access to a rounded pic rail that FX makes. It's called the FX Picatinny Accessory Rail and retails at $25.99. Many of the dealers will even install it for you. Not everyone wants a pic rail (as many who shoot mainly offhand find that the perfect place to rest their hand) thus we offer it as an inexpensive upgrade. Hope this helps.

Yes - I see the accessory pic rails at Airgun Depot and others. So a question for you - I just ordered the Wildcat MK3 - will it have the pic rail installed? I think not but would like to verify so I can go ahead and order one to install later.

Or you can install a Handgrip to the Picrail for offhand Its called a PTK from Fab Defense also has a built in compartment on the grip

Well there's something I didn't even know existed! That's a thought alright. When shooting offhand I tend to hold the rifle more in the "standing" position with my elbow against my body and my left hand underneath or near the trigger guard. Old habit from years of NRA Smallbore shooting.