• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Florida Field Target Clubs

I’m military and looking to possibly move to the Jacksonville area. I want to ask if there are any clubs in this or the Gainesville area that may not be listed. The only club I have found is the DeSoto Airgunners in Arcadia. Thank you all for the help.

Keith

Keith, I am a member of the DeSoto Field Target gang and a pretty active FT shooter who travels to out-of-state matches. We are going to be pretty far for you to travel for a 1 day shoot. Probably 4 hours each way depending on where in JAX you are located. We do have several members who come from the Miami area, approx. 3 hrs away. 

Unfortunately, we are the only active club in Florida at this time. The next closest club is in Atlanta. 

Hope this helps.

Gary
Venice, FL

Keith, I am a member of the DeSoto Field Target gang and a pretty active FT shooter who travels to out-of-state matches. We are going to be pretty far for you to travel for a 1 day shoot. Probably 4 hours each way depending on where in JAX you are located. We do have several members who come from the Miami area, approx. 3 hrs away.

Unfortunately, we are the only active club in Florida at this time. The next closest club is in Atlanta.

Hope this helps.

Gary
Venice, FLs
Hey Gary, I will be getting my club going here in Penscola area, and it will be called the Pensacola Airgun Club ( PAC ). First shoot will be Jan 7, 2023. Ill be using the Santa Rosa Shooting Center located in Pensacola. Ill be shooting at their old archery area which is awesome. Fingers crossed I get some folks to get hooked so its not just me out there shooting. Haha....we will see what happens...Stay safe brother...see you down the road...Bill

Hey Gary, I will be getting my club going here in Penscola area, and it will be called the Pensacola Airgun Club ( PAC ). First shoot will be Jan 7, 2023. Ill be using the Santa Rosa Shooting Center located in Pensacola. Ill be shooting at their old archery area which is awesome. Fingers crossed I get some folks to get hooked so its not just me out there shooting. Haha....we will see what happens...Stay safe brother...see you down the road...Bill

Bill, I may just take you up on your inaugural PAC match Jan 7. No promises but we have a match this coming Sunday and I will see if I can wrangle a few DeSoto Airgunners to come with me. It's about an 8 hour drive for us. I'll keep you posted.... Gary

Reactions: cavedweller and BC
Is Desoto still active? I realize this is an OLD post. Any place to go in SWFL if I just want to practice shooting targets?
Hey buddy, I am a member of the DeSoto Field Target gang. We are an active club. We have a match on Dec 11…you are officially invited. I live in Punta Gorda…I do most of my shooting at SWFSA. It is a private gun club with a very nice facility here in PG. If that is something that interests you…check them out online. They are currently accepting new members, and I would be happy to have you as a guest. Hopefully be seeing you Sunday. John Taylor

Hey buddy, I am a member of the DeSoto Field Target gang. We are an active club. We have a match on Dec 11…you are officially invited. I live in Punta Gorda…I do most of my shooting at SWFSA. It is a private gun club with a very nice facility here in PG. If that is something that interests you…check them out online. They are currently accepting new members, and I would be happy to have you as a guest. Hopefully be seeing you Sunday. John Taylor
How many shooters do you get at your monthly matches? Even though I’m 5 hours, I do plan to come down.

How many shooters do you get at your monthly matches? Even though I’m 5 hours, I do plan to come down.
We average about 12-14 shooters for Fieldtarget…when it gets hot in the summer months, we shoot benchrest…not quite as popular as Fieldtarget, but some of us just like to shoot….looking forward to seeing you Sunday. John

Reactions: cavedweller
Well worth your time! Also may well be the place to find other shooters ( I know a couple) who live much closer to you.
You will learn more in 1 day than 100's of hours on the internet not counting hands on use of different rigs.

John

Reactions: cavedweller
Well worth your time! Also may well be the place to find other shooters ( I know a couple) who live much closer to you.
You will learn more in 1 day than 100's of hours on the internet not counting hands on use of different rigs.

John
Awsome! I'm not quite set up yet. I just got home from a tour in Bahrain and a year up in Norfolk. All my guns are still in the boxes. Still need to get a few scopes and an air tank. LOL.. I did however order a Redwolf in a new chassis system yesterday for FT. No Kahles FT scopes in stock at the moment, but I may go with a Sightron for now. Hoping Santa comes through for some of this stuff. Hoping to come shoot with you guys in Jan or Feb, so I can learn a few things before the Grand Prix match in Louisiana. Hoping to go to that.

Keith

Reactions: BC and cavedweller
I’ve put it on my books

Reactions: BC
Hey guys....check out my new post under Field Target section....I am up and running near Pensacola....Shooting the 1st Saturday of each month at the Santa Rosa Shooting Center, located at 6850 Quintette Rd, Pace FL 32571. The Pensacola Airgun Club (PAC) has a FB page under the same name. Thats my means now of pushing out info to folks and showing pics of our events....thanksalot...Bill

I’ll have to look you up on Facebook. Even though I’m 6 hours from you in Jacksonville, I’ll have to try to make it over there.

Keith
Hey Keith, I have friends that shoot with the Desoto Airgun club, near Tampa, that are making the drive to shoot with me, as well as my buddies from Baton Rouge, LA. If you have the time and desire, its just miles. haha Ive driven and flown all over the place to shoot.