• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FLEX .30 Field test and review

Others are doing some tinkering with fill pressures and hammersprings and the gun is looking like it's very tunable, lots of possible power on tap and great efficiency.

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=101370.0

The FLEX sure looks like a winner, ...also WAR is going to offer a .308 barrel conversion do be able to shoot cast bullets too.

Easy Barrel, Probe and modular valve swap will give a one gun with many calibers option.

"Windmeister"That's some good shootin! ​Looks like around 1/4" groups CTC.
And yes it's so quiet you're fooled to thinking it's not very powerful, I took the LDC off and shot it once.....my ears were ringing, holly molly!!

I think it's more like 3/8" CTC, but I've heard of folks been able to get 4 shots in a perfect .300" one hole,....as I mentioned I'm not the best shot :) :)

Thanks for the review Manny. Myself, as many others, were sad when you said you were pulling back from airgunning. I have enjoyed your reviews and input over the years. So glad you decided to put this one through the paces. Had not considered this rifle, but man it looks GOOD! Looking for a solid .30 cal. This one is certainly in the running.....
Matthew

Thanks Brother,

been shooting the gun a lot and she got really smooth with breaking in.

I'll have one more chance at getting a Porker this Wednesday and that it, time to send her back,

this was a great experiance, this gun is really well made, thought well, and put together well,
as the company goes forward with additional calibers offers, the new magazine, regulator offer the FLEX will stand up to his name.

100% American Muscle with great costumer support by a couple of guys that really care,...how can you go wrong with that ? :)

The FLEX was in the woods today

But, for the rest of the story you'll have to go to the Hunting gate 
smiley.gif

modify_inline.gif

Alright than, the FLEX is flying back to California so I might as well take a moment to give some final thoughts about this gun.

I had this gun for a month and a half, I shot 6 tins of pellets out of it ( 900 rounds ) 

I never touched anything in the gun, I never even bothered to clean the barrel.

I didn't baby the gun at all ( Travis will see that when he gets it back, sorry Travis
smiley.gif

smiley.gif
 ) I want to see how guns stand up under rough conditions, this gun got banged on trees, Jeep bed, doors and so on, spent a lot of time under the rain, I wasn't easy on her.

Never experienced any kind of malfunction, if something went wrong was all operator fault.

The gun staked pellets from day one to the last day.

The FLEX is obviously a no nonsense well build with a lot of thought behind, it might not have those fancy feature that make the marketing Flash, but all the important things are top notch,

Trigger is Phenomenal, very quiet, accuracy is top, air consumption is excellent so the valve is a solid design, barrel is tensioned, bolt action is simple and solid.

The platform itself again rock solid, capability of easy interchangeable barrels and easy tuning can take the gun down to 50 FPE and up to around 200 shooting cast .308 bullets.

The AR furniture make the Flex very ergonomic and the overall gun as great balance.

Lookwise I personally would prefer a tube gun but I know a lot of people out there thing differently.

Thanks Travis and Jim for giving me an opportunity to field test this new and I believe excellent product.

I think I covered just about everything from page one to now, but if you have any questions I'll try my best to answer them.
modify_inline.gif

Sweet would love to hear Ted's thoughts about it but after winning that shooting competition with a FX impact I wouldn't think he would do a review on one and possibly ruffle any feathers so soon.
The flex still has my attention but like soo many that's just a large chunk of cash for the common working man.:)
Lol think I'll buy a lotto ticket today.(crosses fingers)
:)