• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FLEX .30 Field test and review

OK than, this is my little cameo appearance on the PCP gate.

1st impression of the gun is that the build is complete quality, solid no nonsense carbine this one is.

been raining a lot but I did some shooting yesterday to get aqquinted with the rifle,

The trigger is crazy crisp and light ( I'll definitely need much more practice before trying for serious groups and definitely for hunting )

......I got several shots off before I was ready, groups at 50 yards even than where a rugged hole unless I messed something up, accuracy is definitely there even in the early stages.

The bolt action is precise, very professional work there.

the gun is remarcabely quiet for this power level, the sound signature very different than any other rifle I've shot, almost metallic.

the noise of the pellet hitting the target is significantly louder than the gun.

I like that the design and the Weaver rail lets you, with low rings to get the scope pretty much right on the barrel ( to me that is very important )

The fact that you can use any type of AR15 furnitures is pretty cool too about this gun, can personalise it the way you want.

both barrel and probe are removable so you can go from .30 to .25 in minutes.

only had yesterday with the gun, but weather and project permitting I'll put some serious time on her and eventually take her hunting.
modify_inline.gif

"FearnLoading"Good to see you back manny. Do let us know how she shoots. Can't wait to hear more about the flex from you.
as I mentioned the trigger is Phenomenal,
accuracy is great, even with me making mistakes and not being used to the trigger it's hard not to make a 7 shot rugged hole at 50 yards, the shot count is darn good too, seems that those guns are optimized to really not waste air and that makes them pretty quiet too.

pouring here and I'm running out of pellets, have to wait for the Pyramyd order to come in and the weather to switch :)

Manny, 

Got to agree 100% on the trigger, it's spectacular. It's almost like going from Budweiser too something from Stone Brewery, all of a sudden the bud taste like carbonated urine.

It's so crisp and predictable, it also teaches you good gun habits, like keeping your finger off the trigger before you ready to shoot. I also found that I am more relaxed and my hand and trigger finger is much less tense during the shot cycle.

Looks customizable like the FX Impact as far as caliber swap, AR-grip, tactical accessories options. Price for a high-end option model is close to $1900. Hope to see more about its performance in the future. Good to see a "Made in the USA" high-quality rifle and the personalized prompt customer service that comes with that, but wonder if the FX Impact will give the Flex a run for the money....or vice-versa?