• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First Squirrel with the new Air Arms S510 US

I have shot most of the better make sub 12 ft/lb rifles available in the UK and some really awful ones too in needs to be said, but I have now settled on Air Arms for several reasons. Build quality, accuracy, reliability and the factory is 30 minutes away from where I live.
i have shot my TDR 410 for a good while now and love how it handles but firmly blame Matt Dubber for my Ultimate Sporter purchase, I have watched his reviews and hunting and love the look of the gun and needed one in my stable.
well. I got a great deal on a 5 month old carbine in .177 with a Hawke Endurance scope and have been trying to get used to the flatter trajectory of the .177 over the TDR in .22.
after playing with ranges and zero's I was fairly happy with the set up. 
I saw a Squirrel in a tree at the bottom of the garden, having open farm land behind helps with safety, I grabbed the range finder and got a reading of 52 yards. Gave 1 dot hold over on 10x mag. ...... Slipped the trigger and took him with a beautiful headshot.
all came together as well as I could of hoped and practised for.
so pleased with this rifle and the .177 calibres is growing on me quickly.
Pellet .. JSB 10.3 grain
S510 US shooting at 11.6 fpe