• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First Review of Crosman Custom Shop Regulated Marauder

Hard Air Magazine has just published the first comprehensive test review of the forthcoming Crosman Custom Shop regulated Marauder.

The gun reviewed was one of an initial pre-production, "proof of concept" run. So this is exactly as the guns will be once the Custom Shop goes online very soon - probably later this month (October).

Overall, it's about what you will expect: a very decent PCP air rifle at a fair price, especially since the Crosman Custom Shop will build the gun to your specifications.
Crosman Custom Shop Regulated Marauder Test Review .22 Caliber[/QUOTE]http://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/...ulated-marauder-test-review-22-caliber/embed/

Stephen Archer
Hard Air Magazine
http://www.hardairmagazine.com

So glad I am a subscriber to HAM. That is one dang-fine article that they worked up for the Crosman Custom Shop Marauder. Now I know exactly what .177 PCP I will get if I ever do suffer a traumatic brain injury (jk) or have my shoulders go the way of my arthritic hips. I especially love the description of the Marauders past and present as being "workmanlike" in appearance. That suits me to the nines. A great, great write-up on a gun that defined a whole class of mid-level PCPs using terms like accessibility, affordability, ease of shooting, ease of tuning, robust build, and great customer support. May the days ahead at Crosman Corporation continue to be blessed with such innovation and attention to the true wants and needs of airgunners the world over.

A couple comments:

a) The 10 yard accuracy testing is only adequate to find out which pellets NOT to test at more distant ranges. No need to even publish those detailed results.

b) 25 yard accuracy shouldn't need to depend all that much on Stephen's hold. The gun should be supported by a proper rest, front and rear, and 50 yards is the benchmark for PCPs. 3/8" @ 25 yards is OK, but that translates to at LEAST 3/4" at 50 yards, which is not world class. I'll wait to see what the Walther-barreled model can pull off at 50 and 100. It bet it's sub-1/2" @ 50.

I bet AEAC is feverishly working on his video as we speak...

Good deal. Perhaps the newest management at CR is poking around for new/old ideas?
They have had working prototypes since 2009ish, likely would have swamped the world if released then, but finally it arrives.

Should be a great platform for target shooters or are new to airguns or just keeping the cost under control.

Not having to learn a "sweet spot" for fill IS huge for all the new folks I've run into lately. Just fill, shoot 5 - 6 clips then add air, easy and much more enjoyable.

Target shooters would not be happy with those numbers across a string but pretty much all airguns in the price range need some adjustments and the marauder comes with them, should be a good piece of kit.

Cant wait for a shooter to get one and see if they left the striker/spring/other the same as the un regulated rig or changed anything ( bet they didnt and with slight tuning it will rock). For anyone not doing there own work the price is good and even if you do your own work unless you use the lowest cost reg it would still cost about as much as the added custom shop price.

What's the expected delivery date on these?

John

I like the fact that the Crosman Custom Shop is taking this on. I didn't even know they had a custom shop, but other American companies (like Fender guitars) have offered professionally modded products and excellent customer support through their custom shops. Smart idea, Crosman! I think $640 is a very reasonable price for a Marauder that has been regulated and tested in their custom shop. 

The .22 barrel issue has been resolved ,as far as i can tell by the unegulated .22 synrod i purchased in July 2017.I also have now,the new custom shop .22. accuracy wise ,it does as my synrod .22 does-super! With 14.3 Crosman Ultramags.,pretty much 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch 10 shot groups @50 yards with little to no wind,has been my experience.JSB 15.89 and Air arms 16 are also winners with both my .22 Marauders.Yeah,nothing wrong with these new Crosman barrels.For more on this,see AEAC review of custom shop MRod.I have the exact gun Steve uses in that review.That is,beech stock,regulated,picatinny rail.From what I can see,my .22 synrod is just as accurate,and plenty more powerful,BUT nowhere near as many shots.Hope this helps someone make a decision.