• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First Impressions of FX Wildcat II Compact

I haven't even fired a round yet. My 'regular' scope is not here yet so I mounted my ATN X Sight to see how it felt. Obviously it is heavy that way but because of the balance of the gun, it is seriously easier to hole on target than my Impact with a regular scope. With a tripod standing I can hold it steady enough to try a 100 yd shot at steel rats. I can only do that with the Impact from a bench rest. Others have commented about how well balanced it is and it was sorta hype to me until I tried it. It has many other useful features but I am suspect that it's balance and ease of holding it on target is often underrated. For those of us 'online' only purchasers it's tough to try it before you buy it. I just wanted to add my two-bits worth that it is truly amazing in the balance and ease of sighting. It's way ahead of my Royale 500 and my Impact. Now if it's close to as accurate as the other two it's a clear winner for me any my pesting for dairy farmers.

Regular scope is Athalon Eros. Have about 5 magazines through it now. The second stage is SWEEET! Sighted it in with the ATN X sight on it. Darn heavy with that scope. Also took it and a tripod last night to a dairy farm hoping to find some rats. No joy there! Not even birds roosting inside the barn areas. I came back home and walked out into my field. There are two steel rats sitting on top of a Styrofoam barrel. Used the x sight and hit the rats about 50% of the time at 50 yds using the tripod...in total darkness. I love the way it feels. I have the Impact and it's is unweildly compared to the Wildcat. I think it will be used less now. Even though the magazine for the Wildcat is superior compared with the Impact, the down side is 8 shot magazines, that are not available anywhere, and it doesn't have the nice 500cc bottle in front allowing 60+ shots. It's accurate. Probably on par with the Impact. Benching, I can do nickel sized groups at 50 yds with with either rifle. There's a big discrepancy in the fill gauges on the Impact. I fill it to 220 and the rifle indicates 250. However, the gauge on the WIldcat is right on with the tank gauge. The tank is Joe's Great White.
I feel if I had gotten the Wildcat first I probably wouldn't have the other 3 I have. My Royale 500 will be in the classifieds fairly soon. I'll keep the Impact for magazine and air capacity. The other 'sleeper' I have is the Benjamin Woods Walker with Hawke 2-7. It only comes in .22. Unless you are set up in a target rich area, that WW is super accurate out to 25, and probably more, and no issue to carry all day. I guess with lighter and shorter rifles the sacrifice has to be lower shot count and smaller air reservoir. All the rifles are totally stock.
No! I vehemently state "I am not and addict."