• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally tagged another coyote (#6)

@Ezana4CE. Thank you. Yes simple things can be overlooked sometimes. After spending enough times stalking and failed to succeed, valuable lessons were learned each and every time especially sitting in that lonely, cold chair with plenty of time to think and wonder.

However, it was always easy to plan and visualize what to do at the beginning of each hunt if and when a coyote would appear. The first two hours was when I was full of excitement and adrenaline, but as the minutes and hours passed by in the cold night, my mind would begin to drift off and hallucinations would creeped in. I would see imaginary objects forming and moving in the field.

Not a good feeling to have in the dead of night where I was sitting alone in the dark inside a barn. Crazy thoughts would flood my tired minds as well where I would reminisce and think about my purpose in life... I would tried to shut my eyes for a few seconds hoping to rest, but the thoughts of passing out cold and missed the encounter with a coyote would quickly forces me to open my baggy eyes to see if the trail cam lights would pop up. Very exhausting if you haven't done something like this before. I am sure I will pay for this as I aged.

The lighting in the target area was sufficient with the stationary IR light and the trail cam IR light, enough to spot and identify any moving targets. The downside would be the clarity of the recorded footages not as sharp if I use the IR lights connected to my gun. But this method has been proven so I will continue to do so for my future hunts. My trail cam does not have any sounds when activated and the coyotes did not seem to be bothered by the IR lights at all. Either they were used to it being there or they never saw these lights at all.

I have ordered two more trail cams and they should be here this week. I have other locations to hunt coyotes as well so I need to setup at different locations. I am currently hunting another coyote(s) at another location after I tagged this one. The farmer had a still born calf and it has been eaten by coyotes and eagles this past week.

Too many videos to edit first before I can work on this coyote#6 video. So please stay tune and I will do my best to get it down.

Here are a couple of pictures as a teaser, lol.
This one was sick and mangy.

IMG_6373.jpg

IMG_6390.jpg

@Ezana4CE. I am very happy with this new tripod setup, hands free and ready to shoot. If you are using a Pard or Oneleaf NV clip on unit, then lower the magnification on the scope is much better. I will show the difference in the field of view between the 6-24x50 and the 2-16x50 scope. Night and day.

@Monkyshine. Yup it happened to me once when I was hunting Coyote#4 as it duck my shot with my bad timing as well. But I eventually got it months later as in Coyote#5 video. #16, wow that's a lot. Good job. Always exciting to hunt these coyotes especially the moment it showed up in my scope view. Heart rates spiked and blood rushed making me feeling alive. Hopefully not giving me a heart attack, lol.

@jd24-1. Yes especially with this sick and mangy one.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
@Seeker. Just like your name handle. I like to seek my target, especially coyotes as they are very smart and difficult to hunt even with plenty of rats as bait. I like to help out the farmers as they let me "play" in their property where I can practice and tune my guns anytime I want. And I earned those privilege by showing them I was a responsible shooter that could get rid of pests such as starlings, rats, pigeons and coyotes.

Sleepless time was due to the many challenges of finding the right time and luck to encounter these elusive coyotes. And of course mistakes that I have made during the hunt where I spoked them with my careless action or lack of knowledge. But I learned quickly, the hard way, how to outsmart them by using better gears and hunting tactics.

Do I have a passion of killing? Absolutely not. I just enjoy my airguns and I try to be a better marksman rather than a hunter.

cheers.

Reactions: Seeker
@Seeker. It all started out with meeting a new friend who was renting a house on a farm land. I started shooting at his place and then I met the farmer who introduced me to another dairy farmer. Then words spread as farmer knows other farmers, etc. I just got lucky I think. All word of mouth. It is hard to just approach a farm and ask to shoot there. But if that farm has starlings or rats problem, then your chance of getting a permission is good. I suggest you give it a go as you never know if you will get lucky or not. I have acquired several permissions but currently active shooting on 5 farms.

Good luck.