• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally got my FX Wildcat .25 MKII Compact

Hey guys! First post. Finally got my first FX air rifle (previously only owned a bunch of older Crosman a few Gamo’s and recently a Hatsan which I’ll probably sell). Man I love this thing! It’s terribly light compared to the BullBoss and the build quality is so much better. Only problem is I pump by hand and despite my best efforts I cannot charge the rifle up to the 230bar fill pressure. I have an air tank but my town is so small I cannot find anywhere to get it filled so I guess I’m stuck hand pumping for now. For any of you guys with a FX Wildcat, what are you doing as far as customizing, both performance and looks?

,Congratulations, that is a primo choice. As stated before a picatnney rail on the forearm will allow for a bi-pod. A bi-pod will make your life a lot easier. I got my Wildcat Compact a couple of months ago, I still get that "Kid at Christmas" feeling every time it comes out of the safe. So we would like to see a picture of yours. An air tank would be your best bet for now, pumping is a drag. 

1543963065_3328280625c0701b9c65b87.70036611_Wildcat5.png

Thanks for the responses. I actually have an extra mag, mag holder, and a bipod in the mail as we speak. I saw the “Warcat” and it looks freaking awesome, unfortunately I couldn’t justify spending the money since most of my shooting will be done in the backyard only. How are you guys getting your stocks coated? That is definitely going to be next on the list.

I hadn’t thought about stopping by the local fire station. I don’t see why they wouldn’t help me out if I throw a donation in the boot. 

Crusher what part of Texas are you from? I live in SE Texas.

So I need you guys help, I am at the point where I am absolutely tired of hand-pumping! I have everything I need to start using an air tank to fill my guns but I have not been able to find any place that can fill my 90ci air-tank to the 4500psi that I require. There are a couple dive shops around town but they can only fill my tank to 3000psi and that doest even fill my rifle once. There used to be a paintball place not far from me but they shutdown a few years ago, I figure the people that went there had to be getting their tanks filled somewhere. Anyway, are there any nation wide chains that you guys are aware of that fill air tanks? Thanks for any help.

Great looking rifle. One that I'd like to shoot side-by-side with my Veteran Shorty to compare. 

It didn't take very long to get sick of the pump. Personally I've never pumped, not so much by choice but because I already had the fill tank and compressor from my HPA airsoft gear. 

I used this link: https://www.crosman.com/find-a-fill-station to find a place to get fills when I had a tank but no compressor. Getting to a place took at least 1.5 hours out of my day so that got pretty old quickly as well. I tried the cheap Chinese compressor route and my experience didn't go so well. I always have a small 1 Gal. compressor in the garage that can put out 90psi so perfect for a piggyback. I went the Shoebox F10 route for $500 and couldn't be happier over the past year with my choice. 

Here's my suggestion. Find a place that'll fill to 4500psi and get the tank filled a few times while you do you're own research on compressors. If you have the fill tank maybe go with a Shoebox (or a Daystate if your pockets are deep enough). If you just want to fill the gun directly consider looking into something along the lines of the Nomad II.

Thanks you guys are the best. 

ctshooter I’ve never owned what many would consider a “high-end” pcp before so I have nothing to benchmark this one against. I can say this though, if there is a “higher-end” bullpup, in my novice hands I probably wouldn’t even be able to tell the difference. I did try the link you provided to find a place to fill my tank and the closest is about 1.5 hours away so I’ll have to pass on that option. I’m sure there’s somewhere closer, just have to find them.

scubajeeper 3 of the local fire stations I went to weren't much help. Like steeve said, the people I talked told me they couldn’t touch it because it was too much of a liability. 

So it looks like buying a compressor is my best option. May be a while before I can get the wife to buy off on it so come summer time it looks like my arms are going to be massive! Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. 

FiveString I just went to the range last week and shot from full 230bar until I hit the regulator...and I completely forgot to count my shots. If I had to guess I'd say I went through no more than 4 magazines before I had to refill and that was shooting .25cal 33.95gn JSB King Heavy MKII's. So a guess would be no more than 32 shots. Sorry I can't give you a definite number.