• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally got a night vision scope!

Now I have to figure out when I will ever use it! 🤣

1000007476.jpg

1000007470.jpg

Put it on my 22 cal slug gun. Running a quiet 32 fpe with 21 grain H&N HPs.

Bought a kral dazzle stock and dropped in the NP03 bottle gun w/ 13" barrel. Figured a tactical looking gun needs a tactical looking scope. Always wanted an NV scope that records and hate all the stupid clip on setups that are out there.

Bought this in the classifieds for a great price, so why not try it out? Also records daytime which is very clear at my distances. Got to try it at night more. I went out after dark but it was raining so I didn't stay it long. Definitely messes with your vision when you pull away from the scope, having one eye lit up and the other in the dark!

So I tried it out last night since. The zoom and focus aren't as adjustable as I'd like. Can only stay on 4x zoom, which does appear to be closer to a 10x on a standard scope, but trying to zoom and focus any further at my 35 yard bait station is impossible.

It will work for raccoon sized critters, but trying to shoot mice with this at my distance would be very hard. I tried to get one last night that was running around, but missed it.

I think this model is a bit too large for a 22 cal 30 fpe air rifle.

Anyone have this scope mounted on their pcp and have any luck dialing it down to acceptable clarity for close in night pesting? Or suggestions on what would be a better option? It's also cumbersome and very bulky lol.

So I tried it out last night since. The zoom and focus aren't as adjustable as I'd like. Can only stay on 4x zoom, which does appear to be closer to a 10x on a standard scope, but trying to zoom and focus any further at my 35 yard bait station is impossible.

It will work for raccoon sized critters, but trying to shoot mice with this at my distance would be very hard. I tried to get one last night that was running around, but missed it.

Anyone have this scope mounted on their pcp and have any luck dialing it down to acceptable clarity for close in night pesting? Or suggestions on what would be a better option? It's also cumbersome and very bulky lol.
And this is why all the stupid clip on setups are so appealing to me. Everything you just complained about is not an issue with them. Whether I’m shooting mice from 15 to 70 yards or shooting other things at 160 yards, I just dial my scope, focus using my scopes parallax wheel and it’s game over.

And this is why all the stupid clip on setups are so appealing to me. Everything you just complained about is not an issue with them. Whether I’m shooting mice from 15 to 70 yards or shooting other things at 160 yards, I just dial my scope, focus using my scopes parallax wheel and it’s game over.
the "clip on setups" are not that good. i have had the one-leaf, the pard and another one i cant remember the name....but anyway, you get the fish-eye view and poor eye relief + the total instrument length is beyond acceptance for me.
not to mention the poor site picture........
good luck with what you want or have. (y)

Last edited:

it takes time, you will figure it out shortly.
i have had the ATN 4k pro for 3-4 years now and i have tried others, but nothing seems to give me better or equal results than the 4K.
i had the wraith, and the mini...which was about the next best to the 4K
the zulus and the new pard looks good. will be after mid-summer planting season before i can spring for a shot at them..... 🧑‍🌾

I almost bought the new megaorei 4 clip on, but the OAL with it mounted is a bit much. On this rig, it would probably work well since the stock is adjustable length. Then I could also have my regular scope mounted and save the weight when day shooting. The wraith makes the gun a top heavy pig.

Reactions: Bandito
the "clip on setups" are not that good. i have had the one-leaf, the pard and another one i cant remember the name....but anyway, you get the fish-eye view and poor eye relief + the total instrument length is beyond acceptance for me.
not to mention the poor site picture........
good luck with what you want or have. (y)
I could send you hours of footage of me zapping stuff with a Pard. The key is to have a scope that’s optics agree with a clip on. Some scopes just don’t. A gun with adjustable LOP makes life even better. My guns are primarily day guns. Electronic scopes are just crippling in the daytime. At least for me. My Wraith 4K is a dust collector. Nice at night. Horrible by day. But not great at night. Can’t dial for yardage.

Yes I've used same Sightmark Wraith HD 4-32 on my Texan .510....Yes the 4 x model is not good for ranges under 50yards ...The 2x version is much more airgun friendly... Yes its big and heavy....But it s cheap and reliable... A larger 850nm IR light really helps..I.can see holes.in my Target at 125 yards with my .510... Mine is reliable.. I use external ANKER battery power banks...no buying AA batteries for me...

@Dr. Kralenstein, that thing is huge atop your gun and as you have experienced, not particularly useful for rats or mice close in. I didn’t consider “clip ons” because I simply dedicated a gun to NV pesting duty. The Zulus atop my Atomic XR is super sweet and the small footprint is simply icing on the cake.

Zulus in action…

IMG_1175.jpeg

@L.Leon

Yeah, I had no idea just how big it would be on this rifle. It's a porker for sure. I may be relisting it and try to recoup so I can get a decent scope and a clip on. Figure I can set it up with a scope and the stock at shortest length(which I prefer), and then the clip on and stock fully extended for bench sitting night shooting.

The zulus is awesome for sure, but not in my budget, especially since I will use NV maybe a couple times a month when I have the chance to sit up and try for a coon or mice at my feeders.

I could send you hours of footage of me zapping stuff with a Pard. The key is to have a scope that’s optics agree with a clip on. Some scopes just don’t. A gun with adjustable LOP makes life even better. My guns are primarily day guns. Electronic scopes are just crippling in the daytime. At least for me. My Wraith 4K is a dust collector. Nice at night. Horrible by day. But not great at night. Can’t dial for yardage.
ive got hours of footage also, but compared to my 4K, its second nature.
i only use them for there best ability, night optics is where im at.
i got daylight under control.

not sure what that is, but a late model pard clipon or atn will have no problem .. the clipons arnt as nice a resolution as a atn 4kpro but will get the job done and work best on lower power scopes like a 3-9, it needs an ao or side focus though ... to me the 'only' way to utilize these setups well is using their wifi to remote monitor a pre-chosen spot on a cell .. have everything setup and just wait for it ... you can even get more fancy and have a wifi motion detector covering the area, so you can relax, let them come to you .. not much survives out by my coop when i got it all set up ..

not sure what that is, but a late model pard clipon or atn will have no problem .. the clipons arnt as nice a resolution as a atn 4kpro but will get the job done and work best on lower power scopes like a 3-9, it needs an ao or side focus though ... to me the 'only' way to utilize these setups well is using their wifi to remote monitor a pre-chosen spot on a cell .. have everything setup and just wait for it ... you can even get more fancy and have a wifi motion detector covering the area, so you can relax, let them come to you .. not much survives out by my coop when i got it all set up ..
It's a sightmark wraith hd 4-32x50. Thing is really meant for centerfire 200+ yard hunting. I can focus out further with it, but when I try to do any zoom at 35 yards it just gets very blurry. If I try to adjust the focus it's super sensitive at that distance and will just fuzz out.

I already pulled it off and stuck my bsa sweet 4-12x40 on it for now and immediately had a sigh of relief. I pretty much hate this wraith lol. I will just get a clip on for what I need, I just jumped on the NV scope because the price was good that I can sell it off still and not get beat up too bad in the process. If I lose anything by selling and buying a scope + clip on, I'll consider it a rental/learning fee.

It's a sightmark wraith hd 4-32x50. Thing is really meant for centerfire 200+ yard hunting. I can focus out further with it, but when I try to do any zoom at 35 yards it just gets very blurry. If I try to adjust the focus it's super sensitive at that distance and will just fuzz out.

I already pulled it off and stuck my bsa sweet 4-12x40 on it for now and immediately had a sigh of relief. I pretty much hate this wraith lol. I will just get a clip on for what I need, I just jumped on the NV scope because the price was good that I can sell it off still and not get beat up too bad in the process. If I lose anything by selling and buying a scope + clip on, I'll consider it a rental/learning fee.
My Wraith 4K Max is a 3-24. It will focus with stunning clarity at 15 yards. The video resolution is also stellar as long as you don’t zoom in too much. But I’m stuck using the reticle for hold unders and overs so precision on tiny pests is tricky. You just don’t have the right model. Like you said, it’s better suited for real guns at real gun distances and trajectories. The 4K Max is better, but still designed for firearms. Us airgunners can make these things work but you have to be committed. The clip on just lets me be business as usual on how I like to engage my targets. Then when the sun comes out, it’s back to enjoying premium optics and zoom.

My Wraith 4K Max is a 3-24. It will focus with stunning clarity at 15 yards. The video resolution is also stellar as long as you don’t zoom in too much. But I’m stuck using the reticle for hold unders and overs so precision on tiny pests is tricky. You just don’t have the right model. Like you said, it’s better suited for real guns at real gun distances and trajectories. The 4K Max is better, but still designed for firearms. Us airgunners can make these things work but you have to be committed. The clip on just lets me be business as usual on how I like to engage my targets. Then when the sun comes out, it’s back to enjoying premium optics and zoom.
What kind of clip on do you use? For my uses and amount of time I will use it, a PARD is out of the question. Those megaorei ones look good for what I want, and they have a round screen vs the rectangle like the SM or the older models.

What kind of clip on do you use? For my uses and amount of time I will use it, a PARD is out of the question. Those megaorei ones look good for what I want, and they have a round screen vs the rectangle like the SM or the older models.
I have two Pards. You can wait until one of these guys who hates them sells theirs and hopefully get a Oneleaf deal. Or you can buy a Oneleaf. I got one off a guy here used for a friend. It’s not a Pard but when he needs it, it gets the job done. The first scope we mounted it on, it was a little rough. We switched to a different scope and its optics and base power liked it. I don’t have any clue about any other clip ons.