• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Finally cooperating weather. I hope?

It's feels like it's the never ending winter here. NW New Jersey. Had a dusting of snow this morning, and today was freezing and windy. But. This Sunday weather forecast says it will be 60 with about 5 miles per hour winds from the north. I'm psyched, cause since I've gotten my first air rifle a couple weeks ago, the weather has sucked! Only shot her twice. First was sighting in, and preliminary Pellet preference. Second time was pure pellet testing, but wind was too strong from left to right. Took her out to only 40 yds. This Sunday morning, going to get more accurate, accuracy tests with the 2 pellets she likes. Damn weather men better be correct!!!

Finally a nice spring day here, so I went to shoot my new rifle. A little breezier than forecasted, and windier than I would like, but, it is what it is. This is only the third time I've shot the Maximus. Shot the 2 pellets that it seems to like. JSB 15.89 gr., and Beeman Devastator 16.36 gr.. Also wanted to compare accuracy to my CZ 452 22LR. Shot 5 round groups at 20, 30, 40, and 50 yds..
Unfortunately, I had one of those days we all have when my skills couldn't complement the equipment. Anyway. The Maximus held it's own with the CZ. I'm very impressed, this being the only air rifle I've ever owned.