• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Filling your red wolf?

i fill mine as slowly as possible to 240 bar while watching the lcd screen. My sticker says 250 bar max. 

What happens if you accidentally fill past that? Does it have built in protection to leak down? Can you damage your rifle if you make a mistake and open your tank too fast and fill to 310 bar? This always concerns me and why i alwasy stop at around 240 bar. 

As far as opening your tank too fast you should have a restrictor in your hose, this goes in the Forster fitting and is a little screw like object visble if you look at the fitting end on. This restrictor will help stop you from equalizing the pressure in the gun from your bottle by opening the valve too fast simply by limiting the flow of air.

If there isn't one in your female Forster fitting then change it, they come standard in the Best Fittings female's.

If this doesn't make sense let me know and I will send a pic of what to look for.

They don't have anything to automatically bleed off the pressure or something like that. That said they're safe and work fine a fair bit beyond the working pressure.

I accidentally left my airwolf in direct sunlight after filling it to 230bar and only realised when I walked past the room an hour later and the thing was scorching hot and the pressure read 280-285 bar.

Freaked out and tried to cool it down, which didn't really work well since I was unwilling to submerge my gun, so then shot off a few magazines in quick succession to try get it down. Shot every shot at exactly the 910fps I had it set for ? I had the MVT version with the inbuilt chrony if you're wondering why I'd chrony in a panic situation ?

So even the firing system does seem to have a good bit of overhead built in before you get anything like valve lock etc.

Obviously the best scenario it not to put it to the test and 240bar seems a good number - doubt you'll miss the 10bar worth of shots in any case.

Big time you can damage your rifle. If you fill it too much it will blow out the seals (I have done it) Another danger is it shoots the pellet to hard and damages the rifle inside. 

Remember, 1 bar = 15 PSI ...so filling your rifle just 20 bar over is giving it 300 PSI too much...thats alot. DONT DO IT.

I have blown up 2 rifles I paid over $1500 each for. (once I tried to shut off my 4500 PSI fill tank and turned it the wrong way.

The other time I went 20 bar over reccomended pressure and when I pulled the trigger "BOOM" and then PSSSST"

Fortunatley, Air Venturi at Pyramid Air will fix pretty much any rifle for cheap, like $100. 

Enjoy you red wolf

POST SOME GROUPS YO!

"Another danger is it shoots the pellet to hard and damages the rifle inside."

Dont understand this statement - what do you mean? If the pressure is too high in the gun the valve won't open properly and you'll lose a lot of velocity or get none at all i.e. Valve lock. Not the other way around.

The only reason my airwolf managed to function okay above working pressure is because it electronic system can somewhat compensate by increasing the force of the solenoid hitting the valve. Much above the pressure it was at would have been tickets though I'm sure.

No doubt about orings potentially popping but the orings are the same material with similar design function as those used in the 300bar kalibrgun cricket etc and while it's isn't necessarily good for them, it's unlikely an accidental fill to 260bar will cause any to fail outright. At least not any that weren't shaping up to fairly quickly fail at 230 bar anyway.