• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fill tank valve upgrade, what would you do differently to your's....

I've got an Air Venturi tank that the Midland Diving Equipment valve is leaking on. So far I haven't been able to source the correct valve seal from anyone, so maybe it's time to upgrade the fill apparatus. What have you done to upgrade how you fill your PCP's off the tank? And/or, what would you do differently to the fill system to upgrade?

Last edited:
Airgun-hobbyist, are you able to take the valve to a dive shop to see what they can do ? the last time I talked to my dive shop man he told me that the TJ3 valve was quite common and the guts (internals) that his price was a lot cheaper than Joe B's.

I'm thinking of running a inline gauge to my line so I know exactly my air pressure to my gun, the other hand is a new TJ3 valve replacement but at $229 I'm hesitant

My Air Venturi fill valve took a dump about a month ago.
I put a Saber Tactical fill valve on the tank. I could not be happier. Couple of nice features are the carry handle and the dead head for the gun end of the fill hose. Fill valve is smooth and has a large knob.
Utah Air guns has them. Was well worth the $ for it.

Reactions: heavy-impact
My Air Venturi fill valve took a dump about a month ago.
I put a Saber Tactical fill valve on the tank. I could not be happier. Couple of nice features are the carry handle and the dead head for the gun end of the fill hose. Fill valve is smooth and has a large knob.
Utah Air guns has them. Was well worth the $ for it.
Does it show fill pressure to the gun and will it fill slow ?

Airgun-hobbyist, are you able to take the valve to a dive shop to see what they can do ? the last time I talked to my dive shop man he told me that the TJ3 valve was quite common and the guts (internals) that his price was a lot cheaper than Joe B's.

I'm thinking of running a inline gauge to my line so I know exactly my air pressure to my gun, the other hand is a new TJ3 valve replacement but at $229 I'm hesitant

Your dive shop dude is absolutely correct. I've built dozens over the past 15 years. There is nothing complicated about them at all, JoeB's are very overpriced for what they are. At least the Saber Tacs LOOK amazing.

I had 3 saber tacticals sent them back all leaked . Bought a J .B . tj3 and never looked back .

Damn that sucks to hear, I've been meaning to get one since they came out but never did, they look damn good looking, I just have so many don't need another.

These valve seals, made by Midland Diving Equipment and sold by Air Venturi and their dealer network, are a wear item and parts should be available stateside, rather than having to buy another manufacturer's valve that may not be serviceable either.
Screenshot_20240131-004425~3.png

Screenshot_20240131-003027.png

Does it show fill pressure to the gun and will it fill slow ?
Yes it shows the line pressure going into the gun. Basically the gun fill pressure. The valves operate much smpopther than the AV valves did.
I have not had any issues with the ST fill valve but, apparently others have.
Research until you find something that you are comfortable with.

I just bought a Saber Tactical from The Pellet Shop. I also have Joe B.'s valves. You will need to rebuild all of them after a while. Joe sell parts kits to rebuild his, so it's always wise to go with him. I just wanted to try the Saber Tach. because, well..., it just looks cool. It works well, has nice large knobs for these old hands but i will see how long it lasts. I rebuilt Joe's after about 3 years.

carry on...