• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fill setup from scott air pack fill station

aaca41254a6f28603ab34343d87bddfa.jpg
Here is my setup for filling at the fire station from a scott fill station at the fire station. The most expensive was the adapter purchased from Airgas CGA 347.
it cost me 35.00. Probably could have got it cheaper if I looked around. The hose I bought off e-bay and the rest of the fittings were from Home Depot. I think I had 55.00 in th whole setup. Special thanks to the fire department for allowing me to fill. They wouldn’t take any money.

"ashes5"
aaca41254a6f28603ab34343d87bddfa.jpg
Here is my setup for filling at the fire station from a scott fill station at the fire station. The most expensive was the adapter purchased from Airgas CGA 347.
it cost me 35.00. Probably could have got it cheaper if I looked around. The hose I bought off e-bay and the rest of the fittings were from Home Depot. I think I had 55.00 in th whole setup. Special thanks to the fire department for allowing me to fill. They wouldn’t take any money.
Be carful the Home Depot fittings are made for low pressure there is a chance you can have a blow out and hurt yourself.

I can't believe you guys are getting a fire dept to fill your tanks. I'm a retired firefighter and we often had to turn away folks wanting us to do that. The City wouldn't allow it because of liability issues. I suspect if your City Attorney knew it was going on, he have the Fire Chief put a stop to it.

This particular situation is a prime example of how the fire dept. doesn't know if this homemade rig is up to snuff. 

Before I got a compressor there was one Fire Dept that would fill my tanks. I talked to the deputy chief and showed him I had a Scott tank within hydro and within the 15 year life cycle. A lot of fire depts said they couldn't fill my tank because of liability issues. When I asked "what liability" none could answer. I used the same tank they used and I wasn't subjecting my tank to any of the stress that normal fire fighting subject theirs to.

Question for Ashes5 how are you bleeding air from your system? Like others said you should never get any fittings from home depot because they are normally rated for 800 psi. Instead, always get them from a hydraulic fittings place. They will have a minimum pressure rating of 5000 psi and normally they are 10000 psi rated. I have built several systems with bleed valves and 6000 psi gauges and the parts cost around $70-75. But I am sure they are safe.

"blackdiesel"Question for Ashes5 how are you bleeding air from your system? Like others said you should never get any fittings from home depot because they are normally rated for 800 psi. Instead, always get them from a hydraulic fittings place. They will have a minimum pressure rating of 5000 psi and normally they are 10000 psi rated. I have built several systems with bleed valves and 6000 psi gauges and the parts cost around $70-75. But I am sure they are safe.
BlackDiesel thats right I should of noticed . If you replace that brass coupling with this bleed valve you should be OK

https://www.breathingair.com/Product/Fittings-Accessories/Valves-and-Quick-Connects/Valve,-Bleeder.aspx?ProductID=5491