• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fifty more rats for pp700sa

I had an awesome night at the dairy, I shot and killed at least fifty rats. Many satisfying kills from 10-15 yards. All of the shooting was off hand and involved walking around the property looking for targets of opportunity. I had the green light on at first, but the rats seem to be alerting to it. So I switched out to the red light and went to work. I’ve learned to be ready to shoot as soon as I light up any dark area. My first shot of the night was with my Compatto at 35 yards a kill shot on a rat. I set up with the Compatto for some distance shooting but couldn’t sit still so I switched to the pp700sa. This little pistol/mini carbine has already taken at least 100 rats for me. Am very very pleased with this gun. The rats in the photo were the only ones I could retrieve. 

1554613308_3096878655ca9843cd77fe4.89973182_E10BAA69-215D-4F37-ADFF-9E13405EA930.jpeg

This place is truly infested, I’m only tackling them on a quarter of the property size. I could have shot at least twice as much if I could stay longer. I get many shots where they are in their caves/holes only showing their heads.😃 This week I’m going to purchase a true set of muck boots and will post up even more bodies in the future.

you're having way too much fun! What caliber is your pp700? stock power or modified? 10 yards is pretty short range, at that range do you find a scope is better than a red dot, or open sights?

.22 stock and yes, they are that close, and closer! I’m using an old Tasco 2-7x. Ninety five percent of the shots at 2x. At night for me with my eyesight the 2x with my red light is way more efficient than irons or a red dot because I do get “some” magnification and a good field of view.