• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Field Target Time in Concord Ca- May 19th, 2024 Results

Another wonderful day in California ( are you tired about hearing about how nice it is in California yet?) and the weather was allllmost perfect.
Sunny, light (malicious) breezes, overhead cover and an nicely prepared course.
We have the 55 yarders and the 10 yarders, with the corresponding hole size to keep the Troyer Police from rolling. We've a video attached- this isn't a full on AFTA event so we have a few wind flags to help us punters- about half way through, the wind did a full 180 degree change.
Which isn't catastrophic unless one zero'd in the AM with the wind blowing South to North. When the air cycles North to South, the zero was already favoriting a slight hold to the right.
After a few "oh my gosh, what just happened" shots, one adjusts and continues to miss for other reasons besides the errant zeroing.
The crew today has shot together for a while and being in each others company was enjoyable in it's own right.
The excitement for the FT Worlds' is building and the guys are sharpening their pellets in anticipation!
Next Weekend- Sacramento is holding their match and it'll be a good 'un!

20240519_125610.jpg

ft 5.19.jpg

If you guys were a little closer I would come up and give field target a try. It looks like a fun time. I’ve never shot a match or even watched one. I’m right about three hours away In Clovis. I don’t know of any matches in the Central Valley. I’ve looked for air rifle silhouette as well and its the same story; they all seem to be in Southern California or the Bay Area.
Kenny

Kenny
I'm so sorry that there's no FT or silhouette closer to you.

Years ago Lonnie used to have a traveling FT club in the Bay Area that shoot an entire FT match at different private farm/land? (I think I shot at 3 different sites, it has since died out. Can't remember the reasons why).

I can offer a scaled down version of that for you if you are interested.

All we need from you is land with a safe back stop (3/4 acre? and permission from the owner) or a gun range that will let us set up to do a demo. I know I can get my hands on 4 field targets (haven't checked with my other buddies...probably another 10 floating around).

It won't be an authentic FT match, but at least it'll give you a "taste". As a bonus, you are welcome to try out my air rifles. I shoot mostly springers (Air Arms TX 200). I'll need to air up and zero my PCPs. We'll probably have others from the Diablo club tagging along...so there might be other air rifles to try out.

let me know...oh and bring others.
--
Almost forgot Diablo also offer Silhouette....Don't know if Diablo will lend us one bank of chickens to demo.

Reactions: Kgphotos
Sadly the logistics in offering the Field Target experience requires a fair amount to gear as in TARGETS ( 25 minimum ) Concrete blocks, Clamps & String winders etc ... Then a place to do so safely and hopefully with some liability coverage should something unsavory happen :cry:

We have several members who travel 3 or so hours to shoot with us each month ( Santa Cruz - Chico ) While a bit of time to invest, we at the SVFTC always welcome new shooters and create an environment where new shooters have fun and the experienced get challenged :love:

Try it, you may just LOVE it ;)

Reactions: Kgphotos
Kenny

Years ago Lonnie used to have a traveling FT club in the Bay Area that shoot an entire FT match at different private farm/land? (I think I shot at 3 different sites, it has since died out. Can't remember the reasons why).

All we need from you is land with a safe back stop (3/4 acre? and permission from the owner) or a gun range that will let us set up to do a demo. I know I can get my hands on 4 field targets (haven't checked with my other buddies...probably another 10 floating around).

It won't be an authentic FT match, but at least it'll give you a "taste". As a bonus, you are welcome to try out my air rifles. I shoot mostly springers (Air Arms TX 200). I'll need to air up and zero my PCPs. We'll probably have others from the Diablo club tagging along...so there might be other air rifles to try out.

--
Almost forgot Diablo also offer Silhouette....Don't know if Diablo will lend us one bank of chickens to demo.
Thank you. That is a very nice offer. If I can come up with a location I will let you know. I really appreciate your reply.
Kenny

Sadly the logistics in offering the Field Target experience requires a fair amount to gear as in TARGETS ( 25 minimum ) Concrete blocks, Clamps & String winders etc ... Then a place to do so safely and hopefully with some liability coverage should something unsavory happen :cry:

We have several members who travel 3 or so hours to shoot with us each month ( Santa Cruz - Chico ) While a bit of time to invest, we at the SVFTC always welcome new shooters and create an environment where new shooters have fun and the experienced get challenged :love:

Try it, you may just LOVE it ;)
I'm sure if I made the trip I would really enjoy participating. What time do your matches usually begin? Thank you for your reply to my post.
Kenny

Reactions: Motorhead
I'm sure if I made the trip I would really enjoy participating. What time do your matches usually begin? Thank you for your reply to my post.
Kenny
If coming to shoot, and never having done FT .... best to get in some practice time and get some guidance .... By 8 am or so IMO

Tho said ... with travel time and just wanting a crash course in FT, before we start up so you can get acquainted, pushes it out an hour or so.

Last edited:
Kenny

--
Wait, what?! You have PCPs Mr. PoH? Why you messin' around with springers?

• Haha
Reactions: aneijko