• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Feinwerkbau search.

I'm just new to the forum so not sure how it operates yet.I'm looking to purchase a Feinwerkbau 10metre target spring air rifle,300,300s,601,602 or 603 series all considered.My search here in the United Kingdom has so far bee fruitless.I was wondering if anyone could advise me on acquiring one from abroad and having it imported?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm just new to the forum so not sure how it operates yet.I'm looking to purchase a Feinwerkbau 10metre target spring air rifle,300,300s,601,602 or 603 series all considered.My search here in the United Kingdom has so far bee fruitless.I was wondering if anyone could advise me on acquiring one from abroad and having it imported?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just as a reminder, the FWB 300 series guns are springers while the 600 series are single stroke pneumatics. Both types are extremely accurate, but very different guns. The SSP Walther LGR is in the same league, but a beast to cock.

I have some FWB 300s, 601, 602, and 603JR and the Walther LGR and Anshutz 2001 and 2002 among other brands as well and I shot the 300s' the most because they have the most power since I shoot with a scope out to 50-60 yards and are by far EASIEST to cock compared to all of my others and are extremely pellet friendly just like my Walther LGRs which tend to shoot just about anything you feed them very accurately.

CA 

I have some FWB 300s, 601, 602, and 603JR and the Walther LGR and Anshutz 2001 and 2002 among other brands as well and I shot the 300s' the most because they have the most power since I shoot with a scope out to 50-60 yards and are by far EASIEST to cock compared to all of my others and are extremely pellet friendly just like my Walther LGRs which tend to shoot just about anything you feed them very accurately.

CA

"I shot the 300s' the most because they have the most power since I shoot with a scope out to 50-60 yards and are by far EASIEST to cock"

I really wish you hadn't have said that, I just got a FWB 603jr scoped with a Bushnell elite 4200 6x24 target dot. The gun is one hole shooter @25 yards, I can't stop shooting it I absolutely love the gun but after a few hundred shots it gets hard to cock. I'll be 65 next month, easy to cock is starting to look better every day, you might have pushed me over the edge towards getting a FWB 300. A 300 would half to be one heck of a gun to keep up with my 603jr.

I have to tell you that the cocking effort on the 300s is so minimal you can shoot it all day long without any fatigue. I use one finger to cock it. Where your 603jr leaves off just imagine the added distance you will be able to shoot those tiny one hole groups. If you read Joe Rhea's posts you will know he did some insane 40 yard groups with a 300s.

I do agree that the SSP rifles are significantly much harder to cock but they are a tiny bit better accuracy wise when shooting at closer distances due to zero movement and you can make them very quiet shooters with some faucet washers set inside of the bloop tubes. Add an LDC to the end of all of that then you have a totally silent shooting gun.

Be advised that the 300s have varying power for some unknown reason because I must have had at least a dozen of them at one point and they were all resealed rebuilt and varied from 580-715fps using the same pellets. None were tuned with aftermarket peformance springs such as the Arctic springs which I have stockpiled since the announcement of them being discontinued but never needed to use them. You may even get one that is buzzy and twangy but once you shoot one past 40 yards, you will be very happy. Just be sure you buy one that had been rebuilt and resealed recently.

CA

I have to tell you that the cocking effort on the 300s is so minimal you can shoot it all day long without any fatigue. I use one finger to cock it. Where your 603jr leaves off just imagine the added distance you will be able to shoot those tiny one hole groups. If you read Joe Rhea's posts you will know he did some insane 40 yard groups with a 300s.

I do agree that the SSP rifles are significantly much harder to cock but they are a tiny bit better accuracy wise when shooting at closer distances due to zero movement and you can make them very quiet shooters with some faucet washers set inside of the bloop tubes. Add an LDC to the end of all of that then you have a totally silent shooting gun.

Be advised that the 300s have varying power for some unknown reason because I must have had at least a dozen of them at one point and they were all resealed rebuilt and varied from 580-715fps using the same pellets. None were tuned with aftermarket peformance springs such as the Arctic springs which I have stockpiled since the announcement of them being discontinued but never needed to use them. You may even get one that is buzzy and twangy but once you shoot one past 40 yards, you will be very happy. Just be sure you buy one that had been rebuilt and resealed recently.

CA

Yep I have a Donny fl Tanto on it and it makes no noise. My 603 must be a little hot with AA 7.87 I'm getting 603 ave. I'd be very happy with a 300 shooting 650 to 700. Thanks for the tip on the BKL rings.

SxG7xRU.jpg
[/url][/img]

Nice set up RogerV! How did you manage to stick the DonnyFL onto the end of the bloop tube?

When you get the 300s and you are done playing with your 603JR and are ready to part with it,

PM me. Wouldn't mind another one because mine had an unfortuneate accident and has a pellet 

embedded in its stock from my Steyr LP50 which decided to go FULL AUTO all by itself when

the air cylinder dipped below the reg pressure when I tried to insert a freshly loaded magazine.

I decided if I can find a used replacement, I would use the damaged one as a beater truck gun

and spray the stock with bedliner for a tactical look and use it for emergency due to sudden urges

to go plinking when away from home.

CA

Ebay guy selling silencer adapter for Feinwerkbau FWB 600/601/602/603/C60 with 1/2x20 UNF thread, pricy with shipping but it fits nicely inside the bloop tube. I sanded it down and put small o'rings on the grooves cut in it so I can take it out easily. If I ever get to the point pumping bothers me I will sell it and go all in and get a FWB PCP, you'll be the first to know.

Funny you mention FWB PCP, I have a P70JR PCP which was professionally tuned and set up to shoot 12fpe for Field Target with a very effective LDC. The effort to cock is is much less than the FWB300s... It is the second one I owned. Really missed the first one I regretably sold (19fpe version) and bought another then all is well in the world... It is much cheaper to buy if you find an older P70 than to buy an 800x...

Don't feel too bad about spending for a P70 because it is a lot cheaper than the P75 I bought which I haven't done anything to yet.

It is a 5 shot Biathlon repeater version of the P70s. It is a very quick shooting 5 shot magazine fed repeater... It is the SECOND FUNNEST FWB that I own... my FWB P58 semi auto PCP pistol is king when it comes to fun FWBs... Almost as fun as my Steyr LP50...

It has the LEAST effort to cock out of ALL FWB PCP RIFLES by using your "give them the bird" finger while still on aim. There is a secondary trigger below the trigger guard to cock it and it is like pulling a trigger with your (give them the "bird") middle finger below your normal trigger finger which is ready to pull. That repeater is really QUICK and SLICK!!!

https://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Sporting-Weapons/Air-Rifles/Model-P75-summer-biathlon

This is what made me want to buy one... Scroll to 2:49 to skip the boring stuff and watch 2 shooting sessions offhand and prone shooting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPYmli60UWg

CA

The FWB P70 is a custom tuned gun which starts from a standard FWB P70 PCP 10 meter shooting rifle.

You would need to find a used one for sale. Otherwise you will have to spend more money for the FWB 800x Field Target or the FWB 800 Basic Field Target.

I am on the fence to convert my FWB P75 to a FT...

The FWB P75 as well as the FWB 800x Field Target with the option to choose between 2 different power levels can be both purchased new from PA.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Feinwerkbau_P75_Biathlon_Air_Rifle/2947

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Feinwerkbau_800X_Field_Target_Air_Rifle/3475

If you are budget minded here is the FWB 800 Basic Field Target but its not as pretty

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Feinwerkbau_800_Basic_Field_Target_Air_Rifle/3500

CA

Boy howdy I like the 800X Field Target but looking at the price reminds me of why I should keep looking for a 300s. When I find a nice 300 I'll still need to buy a scope and I like good glass 4200 elite or better, that should deplete my airgun budget for a while and give me more than I really need. Those are all nice guns thanks for the info.

Roger,

Be aware that a scope bell can easily get in the way of the loading port on a FWB 300. An RT is the best version for scope use because the loading port is more on the side than the top like the other 300 models, but RT's are hard to find. I have a Leupold 6.5-20 EFR in medium rings on mine and the largest portion of the bell is out beyond the loading port because 1) it is a very long scope similar to the 4200 and 2) because it has quite long eye relief. Otherwise I have seen lots of pics of 300's with much shorter scopes like the now discontinued Leupold 3-9x33 EFR that don't reach the loading port. Make sure you know what will work for you before you $$$ for a scope. Nice thing about Leupold is the choice of custom reticles you can have installed if/when your air gun budget allows. If you're interested in more info and pics, send me an email at snootzman at yahoo dot com. I'll show you a comparison of the loading area of a 300S RT with medium mounts vs. HW97 with high mounts and the same scope. Unless you are a dial turner, I recommend you get a scope with mildot or similar reticle. The loopy trajectory of a 300 begs for one. And 650-700 fps? Mine doesn't come close with OEM springs although some guns seem to clock that fast for unknown reasons as stated in a response above.

Good luck, hope you find your gun.

ChrisK